Romani entrepreneur Vladimír Michalčík: I always wanted to succeed in business
Vladimír Michalčík, our next guest on "Ten Minute Insight", actually embodies the saying that "Even if you hit rock bottom you can get back on your feet and change your life". He and his brother Roman have established two successful firms together with their friends.
One of those firms already has branches in four different countries producing Maguama. The beverage is a unique combination of 100 % Brazilian coffee with guarana root and a plant called maca.
Besides that product, they also offer their own cosmetics and perfumes with the stylish name GITANO. Michalčík has experienced both enormous decline and success in his life, as you will learn from the interview - make sure the English-language subtitles are turned on.
- Slovakia: Entrepreneur organizes food distribution to the needy
- Czech Republic: Romani entrepreneur employs almost all Romani workers in cafeteria
- Roma entrepreneur and town councilor: Unemployment is the Czech Republic's big problem
- Union of Vlax Roma in the Czech Republic files crime report in Stanislav Tomáš's death, calls for special commission in the lower house to investigate
- Justice for Stanislav. Family of the late Romani man from Teplice, Czech Republic publishes obituary, funeral will be Saturday
- VIDEO: "Kneeling on the neck means death" - debut from Romani rapper Filip Šenki in the Czech Republic
- Chair of the Czech Helsinki Committee: Czech society is racist towards Romani people
- Czech Helsinki Committee opens bank account to aid the family of Stanislav Tomáš, who died after intervention by police in Teplice
- European Roma Rights Centre: It may take years to legally resolve the death of Stanislav Tomáš, information cannot be released during an ongoing investigation
- Russia calls for investigation of the death of Stanislav Tomáš after intervention by police in Teplice
- LIVE at 18:00 TODAY - Webinar on police brutality against Romani people with MEP Romeo Franz and director of RomanoNet Michal Miko
- Czech Govt Roma Council adopts resolution calling for investigation of the Teplice case and for the public to be informed
- Family of the late Stanislav Tomáš files crime report against the Czech Police through their attorney
- European capitals see unprecedented wave of solidarity with Czech Roma and protests over the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- Memorial gathering at the site of Stanislav Tomáš's encounter with Czech Police turns into protest march stopped by riot units at police station