Czech Republic: Lukrecius Chang, Mc Eisi and Josef Červenák issue single together
Three Romani singers in the Czech Republic have joined forces on a new single, "Jak se máš má lásko bývalá" ("How are you, my old love?"). The development of the song has an interesting back story.
The song was inspired by the single "Píseň Labutí" ("Swan Song"), which was first made famous by the Czech singer Hana Zagorová. In 2010 "Píseň Labutí" was covered by the Romani band Pardubice and was well-received by Romani audiences.
In 2013, the artist Lukrecius Chang contacted Mc Eisi, a very talented Romani rapper who is a member of the SK label. Together they created a recording based on the beat from "Swan Song" that features their own original lyrics.
To make the new song perfect, though, they needed its chorus to be sung in an original way. In 2014, Lukrecius got the idea to involve a Romani singer from the Moravian-Silesian Region in the project.
Lukrecius asked local producer Digaze to compose another special beat for the song in the RNB style. Leading music talent Josef Červenák from the town of Bohumín was asked to collaborate on the project as well.
Červenák used to be a member of the Romani band Čhave jilestar, which performed on television. He then chose a solo career and collaborates with the SK label.
"Jak se máš má lásko bývalá" ("How are you, my old love?") features Lukrecius Chang, Mc Eisi and Josef Červenák all in the same song. It aims to speak to everyone who has been unlucky in love.
- Czech Philharmonic celebrates International Romani Day with Romani literature and musicians
- Czech Prime Minister expresses condolences over the death of legendary Romani singer
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- "America's Got Talent" invites Romani twins from Czech Republic to perform
- Czech alternative rock band features non-Roma and Roma performers
- Live online broadcast TODAY of benefit concert in Prague to support Romani accident victim's medical treatment
- Czech landlord allegedly threatens to pull the plug tonight on evictees' amplified displacement party
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims