Romani vocalists from Czech Republic and Slovakia record pop music video duet
In January of this year a music video by singers Jan Bendig and Dominika Mirgová premiered to great acclaim. Following on from his successful collaborations with performers Monika Bagarová and Markéta Konvičková, Bendig decided to reach out to Mirgová, who is a much-loved singer in Slovakia.
The lyrics to the new song were written by the performers, who are also joined by the Czech rapper SharkaSs with her own contribution. The single, "Yout&I" (Ty&Já) tells the story of a young couple in love, played in the video by the singers themselves.
The classic story line is about an affair - falling in love, everyday moments together, infidelity, and then a happy ending. The song is performed in both Czech and Slovak.
The video was directed by Lukáš Rejmon, with Jan Strach doing the camera work and editing. Bendig and Mirgová both began their careers as winning contestants of the television singing competition "SuperStar".
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Gipsy.cz video sends the message that we can turn the negative into positive
- Mário Bihári and Bachtale Apsa launch new video Saturday with concert in Prague
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- "Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
- Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
- Petr Kotlár: Filming with Václav Marhoul was a colossal experience
- LIVE BROADCAST: Gala awards ceremony Tajsa 2019 for Roma in the arts and culture
- Austria: Wiener Symphoniker names Dalibor Karvay its new first concertmaster
- International Romani Language Day celebrated with readings in six Czech cities
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV