Romani vocalists from Czech Republic and Slovakia record pop music video duet
In January of this year a music video by singers Jan Bendig and Dominika Mirgová premiered to great acclaim. Following on from his successful collaborations with performers Monika Bagarová and Markéta Konvičková, Bendig decided to reach out to Mirgová, who is a much-loved singer in Slovakia.
The lyrics to the new song were written by the performers, who are also joined by the Czech rapper SharkaSs with her own contribution. The single, "Yout&I" (Ty&Já) tells the story of a young couple in love, played in the video by the singers themselves.
The classic story line is about an affair - falling in love, everyday moments together, infidelity, and then a happy ending. The song is performed in both Czech and Slovak.
The video was directed by Lukáš Rejmon, with Jan Strach doing the camera work and editing. Bendig and Mirgová both began their careers as winning contestants of the television singing competition "SuperStar".
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Gipsy.cz video sends the message that we can turn the negative into positive
- Mário Bihári and Bachtale Apsa launch new video Saturday with concert in Prague
- Czech gallery holds exhibition of visual antisemitism from the Middle Ages to the present
- The "Czech Nightingale" pop music survey returns with improvements, Romani musicians are in the lineup, write-in candidates also possible
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- David Tišer tells Romani actor he has given Czech society a product full of stereotypes - and no explanation why
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- Performer Jan Bendig declines invitation to join discussion on ROMEA TV, issues social media statement about his TV series