Romani vocalists from Czech Republic and Slovakia record pop music video duet
In January of this year a music video by singers Jan Bendig and Dominika Mirgová premiered to great acclaim. Following on from his successful collaborations with performers Monika Bagarová and Markéta Konvičková, Bendig decided to reach out to Mirgová, who is a much-loved singer in Slovakia.
The lyrics to the new song were written by the performers, who are also joined by the Czech rapper SharkaSs with her own contribution. The single, "Yout&I" (Ty&Já) tells the story of a young couple in love, played in the video by the singers themselves.
The classic story line is about an affair - falling in love, everyday moments together, infidelity, and then a happy ending. The song is performed in both Czech and Slovak.
The video was directed by Lukáš Rejmon, with Jan Strach doing the camera work and editing. Bendig and Mirgová both began their careers as winning contestants of the television singing competition "SuperStar".
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Gipsy.cz video sends the message that we can turn the negative into positive
- Mário Bihári and Bachtale Apsa launch new video Saturday with concert in Prague
- In an historical first, Romani artist Małgorzata Mirga-Tas represents Poland at the Venice Biennale with “Re-enchanting the World”
- Antonín Gondolán: If you're a decent person who looks good, you can get things done!
- Czech capital to see announcement of awards for children's Romanes-language literature, video and visual art today - Romano suno 2021
- Romani artist from Serbia portrays death of Stanislav Tomáš, exhibition in Prague closes 9 December
- Czech popular music awards show returns, Romani singer Monika Bagárová schools racist rapper on live television
- Romani singer Bertík Girga overwhelms "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" jurors, evoking tears, hugs, and a standing ovation
- "How I Became a Partisan": Vera Lacková's documentary about Romani partisans screened at Czech film festival
- Czech gallery holds exhibition of visual antisemitism from the Middle Ages to the present
- The "Czech Nightingale" pop music survey returns with improvements, Romani musicians are in the lineup, write-in candidates also possible
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia