Romani vocalists from Czech Republic and Slovakia record pop music video duet
In January of this year a music video by singers Jan Bendig and Dominika Mirgová premiered to great acclaim. Following on from his successful collaborations with performers Monika Bagarová and Markéta Konvičková, Bendig decided to reach out to Mirgová, who is a much-loved singer in Slovakia.
The lyrics to the new song were written by the performers, who are also joined by the Czech rapper SharkaSs with her own contribution. The single, "Yout&I" (Ty&Já) tells the story of a young couple in love, played in the video by the singers themselves.
The classic story line is about an affair - falling in love, everyday moments together, infidelity, and then a happy ending. The song is performed in both Czech and Slovak.
The video was directed by Lukáš Rejmon, with Jan Strach doing the camera work and editing. Bendig and Mirgová both began their careers as winning contestants of the television singing competition "SuperStar".
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Gipsy.cz video sends the message that we can turn the negative into positive
- Mário Bihári and Bachtale Apsa launch new video Saturday with concert in Prague
- Petr Kotlár: Filming with Václav Marhoul was a colossal experience
- LIVE BROADCAST: Gala awards ceremony Tajsa 2019 for Roma in the arts and culture
- Austria: Wiener Symphoniker names Dalibor Karvay its new first concertmaster
- International Romani Language Day celebrated with readings in six Czech cities
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- Hollywood Reporter says "The Painted Bird", starring a Romani child actor, is among the 20 best films this year
- Czech film of "The Painted Bird" features Romani child actor in the main role
- ROMEA TV: Czech Republic's Gipsy Brothers band reminisces about 16 years of friendship
- "Romani Army" by Berlin-based Maxim Gorki Theater Company gets standing ovation at Czech festival
- EEA and Norway Grants will support building of memorial to Romani victims of the Holocaust at former concentration camp site
- VIDEO: Gala celebration of International Romani Day 2019 in Prague's Archa Theater
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 17:30 CET: Prague begins celebrating International Romani Day