Roming has been officially selected for the Toronto International Film Festival
MediaPro Distribution, MediaPro Picture’s sales agent, is proud to announce the selection of Roming, a Czech production, at this year’s edition of the Toronto International Film Festival. Produced by INFilm, Infinity and MediaPro Pictures, Roming is taking the road of international recognition by attending one of the world’s most prestigious film festivals, as part of the Discovery program, a section famous for showcasing the very best in global cinema.
Announced as a unique window on contemporary international cinema, the Discovery program is a showcase for new and emerging filmmakers, that offers an introduction to gifted and innovative new directors who are sure to become a household name, of which Roming is now a part of.
With two of the finest Czech actors in the leading roles, both awarded with the Czech Lion Prize, Marián Labuda and Bolek Polívka, Roming is a captivating story that takes the audience into a traditional, humoresque and fascinating gipsy world.
Directed by Jiri Vejdelek, the young and talented creator of “Holyday Makers”, the leading box office movie in 2006 in the Czech Republic, Roming is a comedy based on a screenplay by Marek Epstein, the winner of several screenwriting awards, such as “The Hartley Merill Award” and the “Sazka Award”.
Combining the elements of a classical road-movie with the pure energy of a traditional Czech comedy, Roming tells the story of the fascinating journey of three men in search of a mysterious girl. What keeps them on the road is their pure commitment in solving an adventurous match-making, that provides an inciting mix of excellent amusing situations, emotional humor and typical human relations..
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Romani MMA fighter from Czech Republic declared champion in international mixed martial arts contest
- Vicente Rodriguez Speaks About His Vision for the Romani People
- Egypt: Band Introduces Traditional Romani Music to the Egyptian Jazz Scene
- Indonesia: Hijab-Wearing Female Metal Group Defies Stereotypes
- Czech-French film features young Romani actor in lead role
- Czech Radio marks International Romani Language Day by premiering radio drama based on a Romani fairytale
- Palestinian and Romani hiphop artists: "Rap is the CNN of ordinary people"
- Czech director defends his depiction of Romani people in tv serial
- Open letter to the writers of the Czech television serial "Sanitka 2"
- Lukáš Houdek: When Romani people don't speak "gypsy" right