The 12th year of the World The 12th year of KHAMORO in 2010!
The 12th year of the World Roma festival Khamoro will be held from 24th till 29th of May in Prague, the organizers are NGO Slovo 21 and Studio Production Saga. During this last week of May the city of Prague will become the centre of celebration of Roma culture and its richness from whole the world!
You can start to look forward 6 evening musical concerts – concert of contemporary Roma music on Monday, concerts of Gypsy jazz on Tuesday and Wednesday and concerts of traditional Roma music from Thursday till Saturday. We are in negotiation with bands from Czech Republic, Slovenia, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, France, Serbia or Romania! On Thursday the program will also offer the traditional parade of artists in the historical centre of Prague.
The additional program consists of 2 exhibitions, dance workshops realized in two levels, or film parade with the premiere of our documentary film „Rom_ID“. The expert program as very important part of festival includes 2days expert seminar „Roma identity“ with international attendance of important experts or 7days workshops „We are on the Long Way“ for Roma youth from Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Germany.
More detailed information about program, artists and tickets will follow soon! You can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Romani MMA fighter from Czech Republic declared champion in international mixed martial arts contest
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival
- LIVE BROADCAST: Opening of the 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO in Prague
- 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO begins tomorrow - ROMEA TV to broadcast several live performances
- Vicente Rodriguez Speaks About His Vision for the Romani People
- Egypt: Band Introduces Traditional Romani Music to the Egyptian Jazz Scene
- Indonesia: Hijab-Wearing Female Metal Group Defies Stereotypes
- Czech Republic: "Gypsy Soul" exhibition on view at Jerusalem Synagogue through August
- Czech Republic: KHAMORO parade of performers takes to the streets of Prague
- Czech-French film features young Romani actor in lead role
- Czech Republic: KHAMORO Festival starts in eight days, launches video ad