Charles University in Prague publishes online explanation of Romanes spelling rules
The website of the Romani Studies Seminar at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague, has published an online popularization of its explanation of the rules for orthography in the Romanes language. The Czech-language online guidelines are available to all editors, teachers, writers and anybody using written Romanes in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
"Now we would like to complete our piloting of this operation by asking for your comments, questions and suggestions. We are asking that you read the material and send us your comments, queries and suggestions to the email address posted there. At the same time, we are asking that you share the news with people who could use this website somehow," Jan Červenka of the Romani Studies Seminar told news server Romea.cz.
The first rules in Czechoslovakia for written use of the Romanes language were adopted by the Union of Gypsies-Roma around the year 1970 and were promulgated at a more official level through the elaboration and official publication of a Romanes grammar in the Slovak Republic in 2006 that was produced by educators, most of whom were Romani. However, those rules have not been widely available to many users of written Romanes in the Czech and Slovak Republics before now.
- Pavlína Matiová: I'm happy when I can sing in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Pop star's video features senior citizens in love and lyrics in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Romanes-language literary contest celebrates its 20th year
- Czech Gov't report: More than 41 000 people consider Romanes their mother tongue
- Czech EdMin against educating Romani children separately in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Roma say they want English, not Romanes in schools
- Czech Radio: TOP 09 party proposes teaching Romani children in Romanes
- Commentary: Czech Senator says Romanes language lacks future tense
- The Romanes language celebrates its international day today
- Some Roma in Slovakia unlikely to use Romanes language census forms
- Facebook group against Romanes language in Czech schools: 40 000 strong
- Czech Education Ministry wants Romanes language to be taught in schools
- Czech Republic: Romani Studies Seminar taking applications at Charles University
- Austria: First newborn of the year has become a target of hateful commentary
- International Czech and Slovak Romani community rocked by mysterious death of nine-year-old girl in England
- Czech Republic: Professor Ctibor Nečas, a pioneer in researching the history of the Roma, has passed away
- EU High Level Group on combating racism features Roma participants from Czech Republic, discusses Afrophobia
- Czech racists threaten online to kill children because they are of Arab and Romani origin
- Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat
- USA: Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, offline after boycott
- USA: Neo-Nazi website shut down after insulting Charlottesville murder victim
- Czech video goes viral of man telling girl to beat pillow with baseball bat and imagine it's a "Gypsy or a Muslim"
- Czech-language, racist website asked people to "Snap an immigrant!", Roma and tourists were in the photos
- Czech Police investigating video in which non-Romani bodybuilder threatens Roma in Chomutov with murder
Tags:Internet, Romistika, Romština, slovník
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.