Charles University in Prague publishes online explanation of Romanes spelling rules
The website of the Romani Studies Seminar at the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague, has published an online popularization of its explanation of the rules for orthography in the Romanes language. The Czech-language online guidelines are available to all editors, teachers, writers and anybody using written Romanes in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
"Now we would like to complete our piloting of this operation by asking for your comments, questions and suggestions. We are asking that you read the material and send us your comments, queries and suggestions to the email address posted there. At the same time, we are asking that you share the news with people who could use this website somehow," Jan Červenka of the Romani Studies Seminar told news server Romea.cz.
The first rules in Czechoslovakia for written use of the Romanes language were adopted by the Union of Gypsies-Roma around the year 1970 and were promulgated at a more official level through the elaboration and official publication of a Romanes grammar in the Slovak Republic in 2006 that was produced by educators, most of whom were Romani. However, those rules have not been widely available to many users of written Romanes in the Czech and Slovak Republics before now.
- Pavlína Matiová: I'm happy when I can sing in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Pop star's video features senior citizens in love and lyrics in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Romanes-language literary contest celebrates its 20th year
- Czech Gov't report: More than 41 000 people consider Romanes their mother tongue
- Czech EdMin against educating Romani children separately in Romanes
- Czech Republic: Roma say they want English, not Romanes in schools
- Czech Radio: TOP 09 party proposes teaching Romani children in Romanes
- Commentary: Czech Senator says Romanes language lacks future tense
- The Romanes language celebrates its international day today
- Some Roma in Slovakia unlikely to use Romanes language census forms
- Facebook group against Romanes language in Czech schools: 40 000 strong
- Czech Education Ministry wants Romanes language to be taught in schools
- Deadline to apply to Romani Studies program at Charles University now 19 August
- Czech play focuses on hateful commentaries posted to Internet discussions - #nejsemrasista_ale
- Norway: Romani online television channel "Nevimos Norvego" to collaborate with ROMEA TV
- Czech Republic: Romani Studies Seminar taking applications at Charles University
- Austria: First newborn of the year has become a target of hateful commentary
- International Czech and Slovak Romani community rocked by mysterious death of nine-year-old girl in England
- Czech Republic: Professor Ctibor Nečas, a pioneer in researching the history of the Roma, has passed away
- EU High Level Group on combating racism features Roma participants from Czech Republic, discusses Afrophobia
- Czech racists threaten online to kill children because they are of Arab and Romani origin
- Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat
- USA: Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, offline after boycott
- USA: Neo-Nazi website shut down after insulting Charlottesville murder victim
Tags:Internet, Romistika, Romština, slovník
videoRacists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz11.9.2018 7:54
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.