Norway: Romani online television channel "Nevimos Norvego" to collaborate with ROMEA TV
In Norway the first Romani online television programming began at the end of January of this year with an online channel called Nevimos Norvego, and the Czech Republic's ROMEA TV online program, which was created in 2002 as the first Romani online television channel, will soon contribute to Nevimos Norvego's broadcasts. The Norwegian producers will publish articles, photos of events, and brief video reports on a daily basis and will broadcast longer video programs once a month focused on subjects connected with the Romani community in Norway.
"The aim of this project is independent journalism intended for Romani people both abroad and in Norway as well as for non-Romani people who are interested in Romani- related subject matter. We want to create room for young Romani journalists and talents to be seen," broadcast director Balder C. Hasvoll from the Kirkens Bymisjon organization, which also runs a project called Romano Kher ("Romani Home" in Romanes), told Romea.cz.
"News server Romea.cz and ROMEA TV have been a big inspiration to us. We want to teach courses on the basics of journalism so that those who attend them might become successful in the mainstream media, just like the outcome has been of the courses offered by the ROMEA organization," Hasvoll said.
"The main partner with whom we will collaborate on creating our news reporting is Oslo Media House, and as soon as possible we are also planning cooperation with the the state body for culture, the Kulturrådet. We will share our programs with news server Romea.cz and use some of their reporting as well as the reporting by ROMEA TV," Hasvoll explained.
The Norwegian Romani producers do not want to restrict themselves when it comes to choosing subject matter. Viewers of Nevimos Norvego will be able to learn not only about the world of Romani culture and current cultural events, but also about discrimination scandals and how big Norwegian media outlets report about Romani people.
- ROMEA releases new Czech-Norwegian documentary film about aid for victims of discrimination and hate violence
- Roma in Denmark, Norway and Sweden not being "run" by organized crime
- Norwegian photographer fascinated by Roma ability to maintain cultural heritage in desperate conditions
- Council of Europe Human Rights Commissioner criticizes Norway for taking Romani children into care
- Norway apologizes to Roma for WWII-era discrimination, promises compensation
- Norwegian, UK, US ambassadors to Czech Republic praise nonprofit and school for Romani inclusion in Trmice
- Parallel worlds: The life of Romani people in Norway
- Norway: Reconstruction of government offices damaged by ultra-right terrorism
- Norway: Terrorist Breivik establishing Fascist Party, wants to run for Parliament
- Norwegian populists want begging ban, opposition says the law targets Romani people
- Norwegian neo-Nazi arrested in France on suspicion of preparing terrorist attack
- Norwegian MP tars Bulgarian, French and Romani people with the same brush
- Norway preparing law to make life in prison possible for Breivik
- Norwegian secret service insists it could not have prevented Breivik's violent spree
- Norwegian Police admit their response to Breivik was too slow
- Political idol of Norwegian assassin distances himself from the attacks
- Services for Norwegian victims today in St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague
- Breivik tells Norwegian court he is a neo-Nazi, gives the Nazi salute, promotes "White" supremacy in his appeal for early release
- Emil Voráč: Romani influencers keep on skirmishing with each other - how do they mesmerize their followers?
- Disinformation website starved of revenue as Czech advertisers keep their distance
- Czech Constitutional Court rules against hatred on the Internet in case involving threats against children
- Controversial journalist known for her anti-refugee and anti-Romani slant will not head Czech Radio's news division
- Czech editor responsible for anti-Romani, anti-refugee news reporting at TV Prima to lead public broadcaster Czech Radio's news division
- Czech capital sees gathering of Romani students awarded scholarships by the ROMEA organization
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Norway Grants to fund two advisors on Romani issues in Czech town - one Czech, the other Romani
- Albanian comedy shows feature blackface, prejudice and stereotypes about Romani people
- Jaroslav Miko on the death of a Romani man after a police intervention: It is legitimate to demand the entire incident be investigated
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for the Roma Community says biased media coverage of animal abuse could spark anti-Romani hatred