PHOTO GALLERY: Demonstration by the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" movement and those counter-protesting it
Hundreds of people assembled on Prague's Wenceslas Square during the afternoon of 25 April to attend a demonstration convened by the populist-xenophobic "Freedom and Direct Democracy of Tomio Okamura" movement against what it sees as the "dictatorship of the European Union". Counter-protesters gathered in the lower and upper parts of the square as well.
During the demonstration one follower of Okamura gave the Nazi salute and another was wearing Nazi symbols. Below are photographs taken at the scene for news server Romea.cz by Petr Zewlakk Vrabec.
- Czech Police intervene against those counter-protesting demonstration featuring Le Pen, Salvini, Wilders and a neo-Nazi band
- Czech Police charge five more suspects in poolside brawl that sparked radical demonstration
- Czech demonstration against doubting the genocide of the Roma, hatred and racism
- PHOTOGALLERY: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memories of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
- PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
- Czech Republic: Demonstration supports 100+ families at risk of eviction in Brno
- Czech trial finally reveals what launched anti-Romani demonstrations in 2013
- Demonstration TODAY in Prague: "Nationalism is No Alternative", organized by the "No to Racism!" Initiative
- Czech Police to get new powers to disperse assemblies, spontaneous demonstrations will not have legal protection
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear
- Ukraine: Racists attack Romani family of four, setting fire to their home and threatening a pregnant woman with rape
- Patrik Banga: Police officer who beat Romani children in Slovakia must be fired, he relied on "cigoši" not complaining
- Slovak President asks for explanation of incident in which police officer brutalized young children in Romani settlement
- Slovak police officer said to have beaten five Romani children in Krompachy settlement and threatened to shoot them
- Romani woman with Harvard PhD calls Czech racist landlord over his antigypsyist advertisement
- Sweden: Iconic incident of woman swatting neo-Nazi with her purse was also captured on film
- Germany: Halle terrorist charged with double murder and 68 counts of attempted murder
- Two men in Czech Republic indicted for approving of neo-Nazi terrorism in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Slovak PM harshly attacks critics of Govt approach to COVID-19 in Romani settlements, says measures are life-saving
- North Macedonia: Investigation of death of pregnant Romani woman denied care for days despite being in labor