Slovak President Kiska discusses Romani settlements and Interior Ministry's plans for repression
Slovak President Andrej Kiska organized a public panel discussion on the subject of including Romani people into society on Thursday, 26 January at the Evangelical College in Prešov that aimed to point out that verified solutions exist to some of the most essential problems in this area. The discussion also aimed to describe the genesis of the current state of affairs in connection with the planned repressive measures to be undertaken by police.
"The fate of the Romani communities is one of the chapters of shame in the story of modern Slovakia," Kiska said during the discussion with a panel of experts on Romani issues in various areas. Romani people actively addressing the problems of education and the inclusion of Romani people generally participated directly in the discussion.
Those participating were Vlado Rafael, the director of EduRoma who is a member of an advisory group to the Education Ministry; Jarmila Vaňová, the director of Romed, who is a journalist and field worker; and Iveta Horváthová, a volunteer with the Romani book club Paľikerav. Guests in the audience included state representatives, mayors of cities and municipalities, experts from NGOs, community workers, teachers and students.
- Illegally sterilized Romani women from Slovakia and the Czech Republic launch online petition as part of their fight for justice
- Slovak anti-Romani law protested by Amnesty International, Justice Minister and Plenipotentiary for Roma Affairs
- International Czech and Slovak Romani community rocked by mysterious death of nine-year-old girl in England
- Slovak MP charged with insulting Romani people and inciting hatred on the radio
- Slovak President Kiska calls on voters to remove Fascists from office
- Slovakia: Nominations begin for Roma Spirit 2017 under auspices of President Kiska
- Slovak President Kiska: Let's stop speaking of the "Romani problem" and use Romani potential
- Slovak Police President defends intervention against Roma, says batons were brandished but nobody was struck
- Czech police officer who brutally assaulted Romani workers now on trial
- Czech prosecutor indicts shooter for murder, refutes police report that he was responding to victim driving into people
- Czech Police investigating three suspects over death threats against first-graders
- UK: Police say there are no suspicious circumstances about death of young Romani girl in Sheffield
- Czech institute reminds President that welfare restrictions have applied for more than a decade now
- Czech President shakes his fist during Christmas speech, references "inadaptables", rejects early elections
- Czech expert on extremism says solidarity through hate is very strong now
- Mário Bihári and Bachtale Apsa launch new video Saturday with concert in Prague
- Commentary: By honoring Zeman, US Jewish organization is promoting the fascisization of Czech society
- Amnesty International: We demand justice for the victims of the Slovak Police raid on the Roma settlement of Moldava nad Bodvou
- Attorneys for anarchist defendants allege Czech Police instigated plan for unrealized train attack
- Czech Police arrest man for firing gas pistol while shouting about "Gypsies"
Tags:Osada, Policie, Populism, President
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.