UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
Beginning at 4 AM British time tomorrow, 29 August, Great Britain will introduce quarantine measures for travelers from the Czech Republic; this means that after arriving in the United Kingdom from the Czech Republic, all travelers will have to immediately undergo a 14-day quarantine. All travelers, with some exceptions, must also complete a so-called contact form ahead of their journey to the United Kingdom.
Before arriving on the territory of the United Kingdom, each traveler must fill out both the contact form and a travel itinerary (at the earliest, 48 hours before arrival, at the latest immediately prior to border control) so the relevant authorities can contact the relevant person in case contact with others who have been infected is later discovered. The Czech Embassy in London has published the details about undergoing quarantine upon arrival as follows:
People in quarantine must avoid visiting workplaces, schools, and other public places and must not use public transportation or taxis. Visits to friends and family members should happen just in cases of absolute necessity.
It is necessary to count on local authorities performing random checks to see that foreign nationals are following quarantine rules. More information about the preventive measures and one's responsiblities in assocation with the coronavirus measures will be available upon entry to the United Kingdom at border crossings and airports.
The penalty for not completing a contact form is GBP 100 and the penalty for breaking quarantine is GBP 1000. That fine can be even higher and will depend on how great the risk is of the person transmitting infection from abroad; criminal prosecution and/or deportation for non-compliance cannot be ruled out.
The 14-day quarantine can be interrupted temporarily just when traveling to the location from which the traveler will leave the United Kingdom (i.e., it is possible to leave the country from a different airport than the one used to arrive. If the departure flight leaves on a different day than the arrival, the traveler must be isolated until the time of departure).
If travelers do not have appropriate accommodations (which are considered "e.g., a hotel, or staying with friends"), they will have to pay to use facilities provided by the Government. For their transportation from an airport to the location of quarantine, travelers will have to use individual personal vehicles (cars), not public transportation, "to the maximum possible extent."
After completing quarantine in the UK, it will be necessary to continue to follow the Government regulations on the mandatory observance of physical distance from other people. The necessity of quarantine and its terms will be reviewed on the basis of statistical developments confirming the number of cases of infected persons in the Czech Republic.
- Czech expatriate Romani community in the UK targeted by social media hoaxes to create demand to leave because of COVID-19
- Slovakia: Romani settlement celebrates lifting of across-the-board quarantine now that infected individuals and their loved ones have been isolated
- Karolína Bánomová: Saste Roma – Info pal o koronavirus can be trusted about COVID-19, ignore the brainwashing conspiracy theories
- Slovakia: COVID-19 still spreading in Roma settlement, quarantine center will be built there and across-the-board testing undertaken
- Emil Voráč: Czech Govt COVID-19 measures have not stopped our work, but the poorest are being forgotten
- Slovakia: Three Romani communities in Krompachy out of COVID-19 quarantine, movement restrictions only remain in Žehra
- Slovak MEP from Romani community strongly condemns police beating of Romani children in quarantined settlement as unacceptable
- Czech Foreign Affairs Minister tells ROMEA TV that Brexit and COVID-19 are causing problems for UK residents hoping to return
- Petr Torák: The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Britain, dozens of Roma are returning to the Czech Republic
- Vladimír Leško: Dozens of Roma are returning from the UK to the Ostrava area of the Czech Republic, they and others will be tested for COVID-19
- UK Holocaust commemoration features Romani activist Daniela Abraham, who met with royals
- Czech Govt Roma Council, Public Defender of Rights release handbook on how Czech citizens can return from Britain
- Czech ultra-nationalist falsely attributes acid attack committed by native British man to "Muslim immigrants"
- British newspaper The Guardian: Debt collection industry is endangering Czech democracy
- CNN: Czech Republic has discriminated against Romani refugees from Ukraine, updated data refute the myth that they all hold dual citizenship
- British authorities sentence couple who enslaved Romani youth to nine and 16 years in prison respectively
- Czech intelligence report on extremism mentions welfare chauvinist party as a populist, xenophobic entity once more, COVID-19 was the main focus of 2021
- Czech disinformation scene sharing pro-Kremlin lies and propaganda, including from opposition and extremist politicians
- HOAX: Footage from Austrian television is not related to COVID-19, but shows climate activists demonstrating in Vienna
- In Russian debut, Romani kickboxer Sivák of the Czech Republic brilliantly delivers victory over Russian fighter Mikhailov
- Excluded Roma in Slovakia have died of COVID-19 more than non-Roma due to low rates of vaccination, their employment rates have also stagnated
- Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia: NGO reports that LGBT+ Roma face discrimination from their own families as well as majority societies in these EU Member States
- COVID-19 impacts impoverish most of humanity while the assets of the ultra-rich expand
- Czech biologist says COVID-19 Omicron variant has no problem defeating our immunity
- Community spread of Omicron reported from socially excluded locality in the Czech Republic
- Their mother almost died of COVID-19, but brothers in Czech Republic believe they have since convinced hundreds in their family to get vaccinated