Czech actress accused by fellow Instagrammers of racism for her comments about Black people on an American beach
The Slovak celebrity Zuzana Belohorcová (age 45) has been living in Miami, Florida in the USA for many years and recently surprised her fans by relocating her entire family to Marbella, Spain. She recently explained one of the reasons for the move in an Instagram post.
Among those commenting on that post was the Czech actress Alice Bendová (age 47). Czech news server iDNES.cz reports that several followers of Belohorcová on Instagram have accused Bendová of racism over her comments.
Belohorcová had shared photographs and videos of a beach in Miami covered with garbage and full of people with the accompanying message: "Many of you keep asking me why we left Miami. Here is a simple and concise answer. You don't want to raise your children in such an environment, after all. What has been happening there recently is unbearable. From being Heaven on earth it is becoming literally a living Hell. When will the old Miami be back? That beautiful beach of ours, South Beach and Ocean Drive? It breaks my heart. The police are completely at a loss. They deserve my great admiration. To control such an unmanageable mass is a really difficult problem."
Hundreds of comments were immediately posted by her followers in response to the photographs and videos, and Alice Bendová's comments were provocative for many of her fellow Instagrammers. "Yuuuuuck! Black Hell on Earth! Long live Biden, right? It's sad, we won't be going there for a long time," the Czech actress posted.
Another Instagrammer responded to Bendová as follows: "What does this have to do with Biden? I don't get you. When the Ultra Music Festival was on or when it was vacation season the same mess was there."
"You are third-rate racist filth," responded yet another user of the platform. "You'd better delete that comment, it's a shame. You can't seriously mean it."
When the iDNES.cz news server asked the Czech actress for her response, she said she had not read the other comments but that she stands by her opinion - and rejects the accusations of racism. Many other Instagrammers expressed agreement with her views, defended her, and said they did not see her comments as racist.
- Czech footballer Ondřej Kúdela, centre-back for Slavia Prague, accused of racism in Glasgow
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- Czech town to see exhibition by pro-Romani and Romani artists referencing the Black Lives Matter movement
- Czech President Zeman marks US Independence Day by calling Black Lives Matter "racist"
- USA: Passer-by calls police on black man babysitting white children
- Slovakia: Black model in ad sparks racist commentary
- Czech Human Rights Minister says he will shop at Lidl after racists criticize its use of a black model
- Czech Bar Association reprimands attorney for approving of "joke" calling for the gassing of non-white first-graders, he appeals
- Slovak Government apologizes for anti-Jewish measures during WWII
- Czech man sentenced to three months in prison, suspended for one year, for assaulting Romani boy, but racial motivation is ignored
- Jaroslav Miko: Romani voters must cast their ballots for a democratic coalition, otherwise anti-Romani extremists may get into government
- LIVE AT 16:00 CET: Pope Francis meets Romani people at Košice's Luník IX housing estate in Slovakia
- Albanian comedy shows feature blackface, prejudice and stereotypes about Romani people
- Romani associations distance themselves from community member who apparently expressed desire to attack Czech politician
- Mayor and police in Czech town correct the record about assault incident to make clear Romani people were not involved as first alleged
- Czech citizens living abroad can vote in October elections, deadline to register at consulate or embassy is 29 August
- Three innovations introduced to prevent hatred and racism on Instagram after UEFA's EURO 2020 championship sees spike in racist speech
- Romani runner in Slovakia whose junior career has been so hopeful confirms she is pregnant
- Slovak President and Plenipotentiary for Roma object to wave of hate and racism following announcement of Pope's visit to Romani neighborhood