Czech presidential elections: Voters don't have to go to their home precinct if they have a voter pass
Voters in the upcoming elections should already know by now where they can go locally to cast their ballots for the next President of the Czech Republic. The deadline for mayors to announce the addresses of the polls was 29 December 2017.
Those who want to cast their ballots outside of their community of permanent residence can already pick up their voter passes. Those who are planning to be on vacation abroad during the second weekend in January, or who are heading to the mountains locally, can request such a pass.
It will be possible to vote in any of the approximately 15 000 polls located abroad or in the Czech Republic by using the pass. It can be applied for at municipal authorities or town halls in writing by 5 January and in person by 10 January at the latest.
The voter pass authorizes the bearer to participate in casting a ballot at any Czech polling place. The voter delivers the pass to the electoral commission along with the ballot, which prevents the possibility of a voter casting more than one ballot.
Persons 18 years of age and older are listed on the voter rolls according to their permanent residence. One week before the polls open, persons who are temporarily residing locally in hospitals, prisons, retirement homes and sanatoria are added to the rolls.
Anybody who relocated during the summer should check where they are registered on the voter rolls. Czech citizens living abroad can also apply for a voter pass if they will not be able to access their consulate or embassy when the polls are open or if they may be in the process of returning to the Czech Republic then.
Such citizens can apply for a voter pass at the Czech embassy in the country of their residence if they are listed on the so-called special list of voters held by that authority. The addresses of domestic polling places do not usually change and are customarily the same as that of municipal authorities or the other public spaces where voters cast ballots for the lower house in October 2017, such as schools
- Czech President shakes his fist during Christmas speech, references "inadaptables", rejects early elections
- Czech cardinal congratulates hate-mongering party on their electoral results
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on voters not to re-elect Zeman
- Czech elections: Vote-buying suspected in poor community, Roma not involved
- Monika Mihaličková: Silence is consent
- Czech Senate elections won by the right-wing Civic Democrats
- Slovakia: Two-day meeting of V4 presidents was to cover Romani community issues, among other matters
- European Roma flood Facebook with hundreds of photos of themselves at work, tell Czech President to stop insulting them
- Czech Republic: RomanoNet launches campaign to get out the Romani vote - "ME DŽAV! A so tu?"
- Czech local elections see at least 150 Romani men and women running
- Czech local election campaign slogan: "Poison alone is not strong enough for these pests" - meaning Romani people
- Tomáš Ščuka: We may disagree with him, but Romani candidate for extremist party is entitled to his opinions
- Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs
- Independent Romani candidate collecting signatures to run for Czech Senate
- Czech experts point to association between indebtedness and extremist voting patterns
- Analysis: Publicly active Romani figures voted for Drahoš, the socially excluded voted for Zeman
Tags:Prezident, Prezidentské volby, Prezidentské volby 2018, Volby
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.