Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2014 this Saturday in Prague
The Roma Pride march takes place on the first weekend in October in 15 European cities, Prague included. In the Czech Republic the event will begin on Saturday, 4 October at 13:00 on the Old Town Square.
The gathering will open with a concert by the band Terne Čave and performer Michal Šepse. Romani people and their friends will then march across the Charles Bridge to the Church of the Infant of Prague, where they will engage in a joint prayer.
A side program including discussions and workshops will also take place in the Podnik club (Bubenská 1, metro stop Vltavská). "The aim of the Roma Pride march is to celebrate Romani culture and identity. At the same time we do our best to draw attention to what the Romani community considers to be burning issues, such as the existence of an industrial pig farm on the site of the genocide of Romani people at Lety by Písek," says Ivanka Mariposa Čonková of the Konexe association, which is organizing the event in the Czech Republic; Roma Pride is coordinated throughout Europe by the European Grassroots Antiracist Movement (EGAM).
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Roma Pride 2012 this Sunday in 15 European capitals including Prague
- For the dignity of Roma people in Europe: Roma Pride!
- Roma Pride: Marches take place in European cities
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- Germany: 9.5 year sentence for murder that sparked demonstrations last year, convicted suspect insists he did not do it
- Czech man who gave Nazi salute at ultra-nationalist rally gets fine and suspended sentence, appeals
- Tomáš Ščuka: The strengths and weaknesses of the Brussels demonstration by Romani Europeans
- MEP Romeo Franz tells Romani demonstrators in Brussels: Politicians must consider us Roma equal partners
- VIDEO: Brussels demonstration by Romani people
- Organizer of 8 July protest by Romani people in Brussels is corrected by incoming MEP - "I've never spoken with him"
- European Roma to demonstrate in Brussels against discrimination, ineffective financing, poverty
- Romani celebrity Radek Banga tells 300 000 demonstrators in the Czech capital: This is not just a handful of people!
- Man who gave Nazi salute at anti-EU demonstration in Czech capital fined and given suspended sentence
- Russia: Youth conflict sparks bloodshed, attempted pogrom against Roma has fatal outcome
- Commentary: Is the Czech PM just a liar, or is he also paranoid?