Czech Republic/Slovakia: Ida Kelarova seeks singers for Romano drom summer school
"Romano drom" is the name of a summer school organized by the Miret association in collaboration with choral director, musical producer, musician, singer and voice teacher Ida Kelarová. This year it will take place in eastern Slovakia near the town of Lipany (Prešov district) from 26 July - 10 August 2014, dedicated to working with 60 talented Romani children from orphanages, Romani settlements, and socially vulnerable families.
At the summer school, selected participants will find many activities await to help them develop their joint work of art, their personalities, and their talent. The close of the summer school will involve concerts in three Romani settlements in eastern Slovakia together with the Czech Philharmonic.
Libuška Bachratá, Oto Bunda, Igor Čolić (Switzerland), Desiderius Dužda, Jan Dužda, Josef Fečo, Ida Kelarova, Lelo Nika (Sweden) and other performers will also appear with the children's chorus. Applications are available for download here and must be submitted by 10 June 2014.
The project is being supported by the Visegrad Fund. Project partners are the Czech Philharmonic, ETP Slovensko, and Snétberger Zenei Tehétseg Központ (Hungary)
- Czech restaurant chain apologizes to Romani musician for refusal of service
- Czech restaurant says reservations, not racism, were why a Romani group was not seated despite empty tables
- Czech gunman who fired warning shots over Romani children at summer camp has his sentence reduced to a fine
- Czech Philharmonic celebrates International Romani Day with Romani literature and musicians
- Romani musician Ida Kelarová on verdict against gunman: We're disappointed the Czech court ignored the racist motivation
- Czech courts give suspended sentence to man who fired warning shots at Romani children
- Deadline to apply to Romani Studies program at Charles University now 19 August
- Czech trial of shooting at Romani music camp hears testimony about shooter's verbal abuse as well
- Czech Public Defender of Rights says police failed in their response to shooting at children's camp
- Romani children from choir whose summer camp was shot at write to Czech PM, Police, seeking apology
- Czech Republic: Romani Studies Seminar taking applications at Charles University
- Czech court holds trial of man who threatened Romani children with gunfire at summer camp