Czech Republic/Slovakia: Ida Kelarova seeks singers for Romano drom summer school
"Romano drom" is the name of a summer school organized by the Miret association in collaboration with choral director, musical producer, musician, singer and voice teacher Ida Kelarová. This year it will take place in eastern Slovakia near the town of Lipany (Prešov district) from 26 July - 10 August 2014, dedicated to working with 60 talented Romani children from orphanages, Romani settlements, and socially vulnerable families.
At the summer school, selected participants will find many activities await to help them develop their joint work of art, their personalities, and their talent. The close of the summer school will involve concerts in three Romani settlements in eastern Slovakia together with the Czech Philharmonic.
Libuška Bachratá, Oto Bunda, Igor Čolić (Switzerland), Desiderius Dužda, Jan Dužda, Josef Fečo, Ida Kelarova, Lelo Nika (Sweden) and other performers will also appear with the children's chorus. Applications are available for download here and must be submitted by 10 June 2014.
The project is being supported by the Visegrad Fund. Project partners are the Czech Philharmonic, ETP Slovensko, and Snétberger Zenei Tehétseg Központ (Hungary)
- Deadline to apply to Romani Studies program at Charles University now 19 August
- Czech trial of shooting at Romani music camp hears testimony about shooter's verbal abuse as well
- Czech Public Defender of Rights says police failed in their response to shooting at children's camp
- Romani children from choir whose summer camp was shot at write to Czech PM, Police, seeking apology
- Czech Republic: Romani Studies Seminar taking applications at Charles University
- Czech court holds trial of man who threatened Romani children with gunfire at summer camp
- Open Society Foundations funding Czech branch of European network focused on Romani preschoolers, deadline in mid-August
- Romani musician Ida Kelarová to present young Romani musicians she has coached in concert Friday with the Czech Philharmonic
- Ida Kelarová: Czech Police did not come when we called the emergency line - they neither helped nor protected the children
- Czech Police confirm local officers did not proceed absolutely correctly in case of gunfire near Romani children's camp
- Czech Republic: Man who fired weapon near Romani summer camp apologizes
- Analysis: When the Czech Police contribute to disseminating hatred toward Romani people
Tags:Ida Kelarová, letní umělecká škola, o.s.Miret, přihláška
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.