"A Vanished World" exhibit on Wenceslas Square in the Czech capital for the next two weeks
The travelling exhibition "A Vanished World" (Zaniklý svět), prepared by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (VPORH) about indigenous Czech Roma and Sinti, has returned to Prague. Through rare archival materials and photographs from the interwar period, the exhibit presents the lives of Roma and Sinti in the Czech lands prior to their imprisonment in Nazi concentration camps.
The exhibition is being held under the auspices of Prague City Councillor Jan Volf and will be in the center of Wenceslas Square from 1 - 15 November by the historical tram displayed there. "The exhibition displays photographs and archival materials that have been previously exhibited, but they are augmented with new material that shocked even me. For example, there is a document about how the Protectorate Interior Ministry viewed management of the camps. I believe that this material can change the assessment of the events that transpired at Lety u Písku and Hodonín u Kunštátu in those days," the chair of the VPORH, Čeněk Růžička, said previously.
Part of the exhibition is dedicated to Romani resistance during the Second World War, such as that undertaken by Josef Serinek, who escaped Lety, and others. The exhibition also discusses the persecution of Romani people on the territory of the Slovak State.
- It's official! Czech state to pay roughly CZK 450 million to buy out pig farm on Roma genocide site
- Czech Republic: Museum of Romani Culture says contract to buy pig farm on genocide site will be signed after elections
- Czech company that owns pig farm on Roma genocide site will appeal order to return subsidy due to EU anti-fraud investigation
- Romani activist Čeněk Růžička receives prestigious Artis Bohemiae Amicis award, Czech Culture Minister promises current Govt will buy pig farm
- Exhibition "A Vanished World" about indigenous Czech Roma and Sinti again on display in Prague
- Czech Republic: Pig farm shareholders to vote again on sale before year-end
- Czech union demands severance pay for staff at pig farm closing on Roma genocide site, firm says employees are not members
- Czech historian from Museum of Romani Culture: Let's discuss what comes after the pig farm is removed from the Roma genocide site
- Čeněk Růžička: Pig farm was privatized for CZK 3.5 million, now it's worth hundreds of millions more?
- Archeological research confirms most of former concentration camp at Lety is on pig farm land
- Karel Holomek: Czech President's proposal to leave pig farm on genocide site is out of touch
- Czech presidential candidate says pig farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma must be demolished
- Miloš Zeman circa 1998: CZK 600 million to build a memorial instead of a pig farm is "negligible amount"
- VIDEO: How did Romani people live in the Czech lands before they were sent to concentration camps? Exhibition "A Vanished World" in Prague shows how
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Czech court orders director of housing corporation to apologize to Romani community member for abusive remarks
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- Vojtěch Lavička: Czech TV show featuring Romani guys in drag is low "humor" of the fifth-rate category
- Czech ecumenical service sends wishes of good fortune and good health to Romani people on their day
- Zeljko Jovanovic: The New Roma Politics of Self-Determination and Unity
- Czech census official tells ROMEA TV all identifying information will be removed from census forms to guarantee anonymity
- Roma children electrocuted while playing in a Belgrade settlement
- Czech hospital refuses to examine young Romani man - by the time doctors agreed to see him, he died
- Romani youth including actor from "The Painted Bird" want to fundraise for Czech hospital treating serious COVID-19 cases