Alleged extremist leaves Czech ruling ODS - party official
Martin Bacik, who has allegedly contacts with extremists, left the Czech senior ruling Civic Democratic Party (ODS) today, Pavel Hamza, manager of the ODS Moravian-Silesian branch, told CTK, but Bacik dismissed it.
He told CTK he had only decided to resign from the post of a treasurer of the ODS local branch in Bohumin, but he remains an ODS member.
Bacik said the Bohumin branch's council would decide on his party membership on Tuesday.
Hamza, however, insists that Bacik today announced he would terminate his membership.
The iDnes server reported on Saturday that Bacik, a 23-year-old student of the private CEVRO Institute, organised some meetings of the National Corporativism (NK) extremist organisation that was listed in the BIS counter-intelligence report among the groups that affected the neo-Nazi movement in the Czech Republic in 2006.
The server wrote that Bacik figured in photographs from radicals' meetings.
Bacik denies having any connection with extremists. He told iDnes he had tried to penetrate the NK to persuade its members that their ideals were wrong.
The server also reported that Bacik was first a member of the far-right Republicans of Miroslav Sladek, which he left in 2005 to join the nationalist National Party (NS). Later he applied for ODS membership.
According to CTK information, Bacik was investigated by the police on suspicion of having included the names of people into the National Party's list of election candidates without their knowledge. The NS then had to withdraw its list of candidates in Bohumin two days before the local elections in 2006.
Bohumin Mayor Petr Vicha (Social Democrats, CSSD) told CTK on Saturday he had unofficial information that Basic was given a suspended sentence in this connection, but Bacik categorically declined it.
- Czech MP publishes collage comparing vaccinations against COVID-19 to the Holocaust and using imagery of the gate at Auschwitz
- Czech churches condemn those wearing yellow Stars of David at anti-vaxxer events, call on them to apologize
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities: Yellow Star of David at Prague demonstration is textbook abuse and relativization of a Holocaust symbol
- Czech capital sees demonstration in support of Trump and against COVID-19 pandemic suppression measures by the same extremists who march against the Roma
- USA: Holocaust deniers, neo-Nazis, QAnon followers and racist supporters of white supremacy attacked Congress to support Trump
- USA: Extremist supporters of Trump attack Capitol building, disrupt joint session of Congress, four dead, media and world leaders call it an attack on democracy
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- German court sentences terrorist who attacked Halle synagogue last year to life in prison
- Czech ultra-right oppose vaccinations against COVID-19 with antisemitic caricature
- In the V-4, COVID-19 pandemic exploited for ultra-right hoaxes, calls for authoritarianism
- Czech protest against COVID-19 response brings together the far-right, those against the PM, those against the opposition, xenophobes - and punks
- Czech and Slovak-language disinformation about COVID-19: Lies about testing, facemasks and Bill Gates