Anonymous eyewitness describes Romani man falling silent after punch to head
According to an anonymous eyewitness who filmed the course of the incident in the pizzeria in Žatec on 18 October, one of the customers involved in assaulting the young Romani man who died there punched him in the head as he was prone, after which the victim stopped moaning. The eyewitness also claims that after the ambulance took the deceased away, the restaurant continued to do business and the customers present kept drinking.
The eyewitness did not observe the police officers present make any effort to identify witnesses or to secure evidence from the scene. News server Romea.cz will provide a translated full transcript of the content of this video at a later date.
- Denisa Havrľová: We must all protest together, nobody has the right to take somebody else's life!
- Czech Republic: Memorial assembly this Thursday in Ostrava over Romani man's death in Žatec
- Czech Republic: Memorial assembly and march this Thursday in Žatec over Romani man's death
- Miroslav Kováč on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: Latent institutional racism, lack of respect for human life
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council demand thorough investigation of Romani man's death as soon as possible
- Radim Kupec on the death of Romani man in Žatec: The essence of equality is justice
- Czech Republic: Video of Romani assembly in Žatec on 20 October
- Gejza Horváth cancels appearance at Roma Spirit award over death of a Romani man in Žatec
- Tomáš Ščuka on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: We do not support antigypsyism and we insist on objectivity!
- Lucie Oračková on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: Czech Police are not protecting us
- The final hours of life of the young Romani man who died at a Czech pizzeria
- Czech Republic: Pizzeria management says Romani man who died there attacked customers, who "detained him until police arrived"
- Michal Miko on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: What next?
- Czech Police said to have prevented parents of deceased Romani man from seeing his body before the autopsy
- Stanislava Ondová: I'm beginning to no longer feel safe in our Czech Republic
- Eyewitness says assailants shouting racist abuse and beating Romani man before he died were in full view of Czech Police
- Patrik Banga: Dear Czech Police, 27-year-olds do not just up and die
- Czech Police say autopsy finds young Romani man's death was not caused by a third party
- Czech Republic: Two local assemblies memorialize Romani man's death
- Daniela Abraham: The antigypsyist violence of my childhood is still happening in Central Europe
- Romani Union of Slovakia: Police brutality against children must be investigated by independent commission, the ministry could be biased
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities says she belives police brutality incident will be properly investigated, officer has been transferred
- Czech ultra-nationalist MP could evade prosecution for calling immigrant Muslims an "invasive species"
- Czech Police arrest opponents of new ombudsman who blockaded his access to the office on his first day
- Czech Police investigate distribution of antisemitic book after media reports
- European Court of Human Rights finds Slovak authorities did not properly investigate police brutality against Romani boy
- For a third time, Slovak court acquits police of brutalizing Romani children a decade ago, prosecutor appealing
- Patrik Banga: Internet violence should be punished with prison
- Scottish court convicts traffickers of exploiting young women
- Hate Killer 3000! campaign reminds bystanders in the Czech Republic how to stand up to hate
- Czech Police recommend prosecuting woman who wore Nazi swastikas for supporting a movement to suppress human rights