Central Bohemian Vice-Governor congratulates mother of the Czech Republic's first-ever quintuplets with a check
The website of the Central Bohemian Regional Authority reported on 26 July 2013 that the mother of the first quintuplets ever born in the Czech Republic, Alexandra Kiňová, has been visited by Zdeněk Syblík, the Central Bohemian Regional Vice-Governor in charge of social affairs, in order to congratulate her on her unprecedented good fortune. Siblings Alex, Deniel, Martin, Michael and Terezka were born on 2 June 2013 at the Institute for Mothers and Children in Prague-Podolí.
Kiňová said her children are healthy, gaining weight, and kicking quite robustly. Syblík contragulated her and wished her and her children the best of health and luck.
On behalf of the Central Bohemian Regional Authority, the vice-governor also brought her baby clothes, flowers, and a check for CZK 50 000. "We prize greatly the fact that the parents of the first-ever quintuplets born in the Czech Republic live in the Central Bohemian Region. The Regional Authority Council decided to give quintuplets Alex, Deniel, Martin, Michael and Terezka Kroščen this financial gift to help their parents overcome the initial difficulties with their new roles in life that await them in caring for so many children. I wish the children and their parents good health most of all and a lot of strength in order to handle caring for such a big family," Syblík said.
Central Bohemian Coordinator for Romani Affairs Cyril Koky said he also greatly appreciated the gestures and openness shown by representatives of the town of Milovice, where the family lives, when it came to assigning them a municipally-owned apartment. "For this family that is the most necessary support," Koky told news server Romea.cz.
- Czech artists donate works to charity auction for Romani scholarships
- Czech firefighters erect another "tent city" for refugees in the Malešice neighborhood of Prague
- Open Society Foundations pledges to invest in new European Roma Foundation for 2023
- NGO director in Czech Republic says politicians' rhetoric about "inadaptable" Roma is dangerous, some non-Roma refugees from Ukraine are reportedly aggressive toward local Roma here
- Romania: 100 Roma demonstrate in Bucharest in front of Russian Embassy with mockup of the tank that Romani Ukrainians captured from the occupiers
- Czech capital's "tent city" receives first Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Czech university distances itself from e-mail alleging increased security needed for dorm because of refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Interior Minister wants stricter checks on the passports held by refugees and changes to the aid offered them
- Volunteer aiding refugees from Ukraine in Czech Republic: Institutionalized racism definitively condemns Romani people to a hopeless fate
- Czech detention facility housing 130+ refugees from Ukraine, half of them are Romani
- Prague asks the Czech state for aid with accommodation of groups of Romani refugees from Ukraine, mayor says the state's effort has failed so far
- Mayor of Czech Republic's second city alleges Romani refugees sleeping in the train station can access benefits in other countries, then admits she can't prove it