Central European University offers stipend to Romani students for online summer school, deadline 13 May
The Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP) at Central European University (CEU, Budapest Campus) is a non-degree preparatory program for Roma students who would like to do an MA course at CEU or other English-speaking higher education institutions. Over the 16 years of the program, 231 students from 23 countries have graduated and 85% of them have been accepted by MA programs.
This summer (May-July), RGPP is running its online course again to prepare students who are interested in applying to RGPP in the future. If you would like to participate in the course, please send your CV in English to Maria Nyerges (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 13 May 2020.
WHAT CAN YOU GAIN FROM THE ONLINE COURSE?
• you will learn English • you will improve your academic skills • you will get insights into two of the academic fields offered by the RGPP, Public Policy and Gender Studies • you will get to know and learn together with other Roma students • you will have a better understanding of what the RGPP is
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
• on average, 1-2 hours per day for studying (8 weeks, May - July) • a PC or laptop (having Chrome is recommended) and a reliable Internet connection • a minimum pre-intermediate level of English • openness and willingness to learn online
The online course is free of charge. The five most able applicants from the Czech Republic will be granted a stipend for the duration of the course.
If you are thinking about applying to RGPP/CEU or another English-speaking academic program this year or in the near future and believe you might need to improve your language and academic skills, then this is the right course for you.
SEE YOU AT CEU.
*RGPP is funded by the Roma Education Fund (REF), the Open Society Foundations Roma Initiatives Office (OSF RIO), THE VELUX FOUNDATIONS and the Sigrid Rausing Trust (SRT)
- Czech foundation introduces new online platform for tutoring services
- Czech Interior Ministry centre refutes most frequent disinformation about COVID-19 online
- Central European University earns its highest rankings yet internationally
- Applications to Central European University preparatory course for Romani graduate students can be submitted until mid-March
- Romani students in the Czech Republic can apply for ROMEA scholarships once again this year
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák unequivocally wins the Oktagon Underground MMA fight in a packed O2 Arena in the Czech Republic
- Michal Mižigár: What myths exist about World Roma Day and what is the reality?
- European Parliament President warns of growing antigypsyism and sends greetings on World Roma Day
- Czech and international organizations support bereaved family with Constitutional Court complaint over death of Stanislav Tomáš in police custody
- Czech Police say prisoner killed himself, his relatives don't believe it, dozens of Romani community members protest outside the prison
- Czech region now has two local platforms hoping to connect pro-Roma and Roma organizations with local administrations and state institutions
- Czech nonprofit Romodrom celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Romani actors featured on Czech "StarDance" television show
- Six Romani men and women are running in Czech elections to the lower house, one for ANO and Levice, two for the Greens, two for ultranationalist party
- Pope's words at Romani housing estate in Slovakia gave hope to those attending
- LIVE AT 16:00 CET: Pope Francis meets Romani people at Košice's Luník IX housing estate in Slovakia