Commentary: Czech conference of Islamophobes moved from the Senate to a hotel
This was the appropriate place: The Hotel Svornost in Dolní Počernice. The sponsors were also appropriate, with costs being covered by the clubs of senators from the Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia, the North Bohemians (Severočechy) and the "Citizens' Rights Party" (Strana práv občanů - SPO).
The auspices were appropriate as well: Czech President Miloš Zeman. The conference of Islamophones and xenophobes (the "Dawn"/Úsvit party, the Bloc against Islam, the author Mr Kuras and bloggers from iDNES.cz) originally was supposed to be held on the floor of the Czech Senate before finally taking place the old-fashioned way.
It's as if they were following a script from a tragicomic Forman film. Or one written by communist functionaries from the previous regime.
Hotel Svornost. Dolní Počernice.
Czech Senator Jan Veleba, who organized it all, says approximately 50 people attended and it was a success - which having it not in the Senate was. It seems we haven't reached rock bottom yet.
- Czech Interior Ministry says ultra-right is being pushed out of the public space by Islamophobes using same rhetoric
- Czech football fans hang up Islamophobic banner during match, team later apologizes
- Czech Interior Minister: Islamophobic populists using same methods as ultra-right
- Czech Republic: Anti-immigrant, Islamophobic protest in Prague
- Czech Interior Ministry says DSSS still in crisis, Islamophobia stronger than antigypsyism
- Czech Republic: Ecumenical prayer against Islamophobes to take place in České Budějovice tomorrow
- Czech Republic: Even other Islamophobes reject the DSSS
- Czech Republic: Islamophobic demonstration greeted by counter-protest
- Czech extremism report: Islamophobic group uses cyber-bullying
- Czech Prosecutor General insists online hate speech is a felony, Supreme Court agrees
- Czech court says use of force in response to racist abuse was proportionate, prosecutor appeals
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Czech MP says his assistant's remark that refugees could be killed with machine guns does not bother him
- Czech court to try Islamophobes who attacked Muslim couple in a park last year
- Commentary: Truth vs. oligarchy, populism and xenophobia
- Czech candidate shocked when online haters targeted her two-year-old
- Open Letter: Conveners of Holocaust commemoration are too quiet after politician disgraced it
- Czech doctor prioritizes registration of Romani patients and receives hateful threats from non-Roma
- Czech Republic: Romani family harassed by xenophobic neighbors with vulgar abuse and threats
- Racist band associated with a leader of "Right Sector" in Ukraine to play in Czech Republic today
- Czech university sponsors art project referencing opponent of Hitler in town known for its intolerance