Concert against segregation this Saturday in Prague
This Saturday, right beneath the statue of St. Václav on Wenceslas Square in Prague, brilliant music by many different bands will be played in response to the recent remarks by the Czech President stating that disabled pupils should be segregated in the schools. The concert will take place on 21 February at 15:00 and is free.
"As a result of 'certain statements' by the President there is now unheard-of interest in the processes of inclusion and integration in the Czech Republic. That is why The Tap Tap decided to hold a concert called 'We've made it a little further' (Už jsme trochu dál). We will also introduce many guests who represent the best results of inclusion and integration in the Czech Republic," says Šimon Ornest, leader of the The Tap Tap.
Concert organizers are calling on people to spread the word among their friends and help attract at least 10 000 fans to Wenceslas Square. In addition to The Tap Tap, moderators Láďa Angelovič and Martin Zach will introduce the best examples of the inclusion and integration of disabled people in the Czech Republic.
According to the official web portal of Prague City Hall, those guests will include the athlete and musician Arnošt Doskočil, opera singer Daniela Valíčková and singer Radek Žalud. Famous artists who have confirmed their participation includ Jan Haubert, Visací zámek and Xindl X.
The Tap Tap rhythmic ensemble was established in 1998 by Šimon Ornest, a musician, pedagogue and singer who still leads it today. The group is comprised of physically disabled students and graduates of the Jedlička Institute for the Disabled in Prague, who regularly perform at Czech music festivals (such as Mezi ploty, Rock for People, and the Trutnov Open Air Music Festival) as well as abroad (in Brussels, Madrid, Moscow and Warsaw).
One of The Tap Tap's greatest successes was their performance during the Summer Olympic Games in London in 2012. The band also recently performed at Prague Spring, organized the first annual Pojď dál (Go Further) festival, and contributed to the charity event "Concert against the End of the World" (Koncert proti konci světa).
- Czech Human Rights Minister says President Zeman's remarks about ghettos too simplistic
- Commentary: Zeman, consciously dividing Czech society, is no President
- Commentary: The human rights of salesman Miloš Zeman
- Czech presidential candidates Dienstbier, Fischer, and Zeman debate human rights
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 16:00 in Prague: RomanoNet protests discrimination and racism against Roma in Europe, publishes manifesto Dost! Basta! Enough!
- Romani students from Czech Republic visit Germany, say they will not allow unfreedom to recur
- Czech Republic: Romani Student Movement says Roma must be involved in addressing affairs that affect them
- Slovak court finds Romani tenants were discriminated against during eviction and relocation
- Finland: Owners of first Romani café say they want it to bridge cultures
- Italy's Lombardy Region first to conduct census of Roma and Sinti, plans to raze illegal camps, Romani organizations protesting
- Czech landlord allegedly threatens to pull the plug tonight on evictees' amplified displacement party
- Karel Karika: We will rehouse all 70 people from the residential hotel on Klíšská Street
- Slovakia: Romani girl from bad neighborhood did the best on entrance exams, now tutors others
- Czech Republic: Forced sterilization will be focus of academic and public discussions
- Renata Berkyová: How a Czech gadjo from Reflex magazine couldn't help showing his racism
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
Tags:Diskriminace, Hudba, Koncert, segregace, Vzdělávání
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.