Czech actor Roman Zach supports Romani celebrity's stance against neo-Nazi band on live tv broadcast
More performing artists in the Czech Republic have been publicly expressing their support for the Romani singer Radek Banga. During this year's award ceremony for the popular music competition "Český slavík" (Czech Nightingale), Banga took a stand against the xenophobic band Ortel when it won second place for a second year in a row.
The actor Roman Zach recently took advantage of an opportunity to express support for Banga during a live Czech Television broadcast of the "Star Dance" show. Banga was a participant in that program last year also.
"I would like to say hello to Radek Banga because I'm all for him, I want to give him a big round of applause because he needs it and it's important," Zach said to great applause from the studio audience. "Beautiful," responded Star Dance moderator Tereza Kostková.
Banga has previously been supported by other performers such as Ben Cristovao, Marta Jandová, Iva Pazderková and the moderator Jan Tuna. The singer Anna K. also added her support after the Star Dance broadcast, taking a photo with Radek and flashing the "V for victory" hand gesture.
Both Banga and his brother Patrik have been targeted with racist attacks by fans of the Ortel band after Banga made his protest. Racists have also threatened to burn down the editorial offices of the Romea.cz news server, which was the first to break the news of Banga's gesture of protest after it happened during the live broadcast of the awards ceremony.
- Canada: Czechoslovak Roma express support for Romani celebrity and condemn Czech support for xenophobic band
- Deputy Mayor of Prague proposes Romani celebrity receive award from the Czech capital for his brave stance against hate music
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Romani celebrity walks out in protest after neo-Nazi singer and his band win second place in Czech music awards
- Jan Cina wins Czech Television's StarDance 2021 competition with Adriana Mašková
- Romani actors featured on Czech "StarDance" television show
- The "Czech Nightingale" pop music survey returns with improvements, Romani musicians are in the lineup, write-in candidates also possible
- Czech lower house committee chooses attorney now facing disciplinary action for making light of racist crime to join public broadcasting board
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- Radek Banga refuses interview for ROMEA TV, objects to articles published by news server Romea.cz and to hateful attacks against him on Czech social media
- Two brothers of Radek Banga object to his remarks about Roma in Czech media interview and his portrayal of their family in his book
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on Radek Banga to apologize for remarks undermining the dignity of Romani people
- Jaroslav Miko: Radek Bangas remarks about the Romani community in the Czech Republic are untrue, especially his "guesstimates"
- Radek Bangas new book alleges he was abused as a child, his twin brother remembers things differently
- Czech Television reports that elected politicians' names have been removed from official report on extremism for 2019
- Czech Radio moderator poses for photo with right-wing extremist, but public broadcaster says the rules were not broken