Czech antigypsyist ultra-right party expresses support for incumbent in presidential race
Members and sympathizers of the extremist Workers Social Justice Party (Dělnická strana sociální spravedlnosti - DSSS) should support the incumbent, Miloš Zeman, in the second round of the presidential race this Friday and Saturday, according to a recommendation that was approved on 20 January by delegates to an extraordinary convention of the party. Former chair Tomáš Vandas was re-elected Chair of the unsuccessful party once again.
His challenger, Jiří Froněk, ultimately was elected Vice-Chair by the delegates to the convention. The Executive Vice-Chair of the party remains Jiří Štěpánek and the Secretary remains Erik Lamprecht.
Alena Poláčková was newly elected Vice-Chair. Vandas expressed his support for Zeman during the first round of voting and has now reiterated it.
"So, it's clear. In the second round we await a duel between Zeman and Drahoš. Now I can absolutely clearly say that in this situation it is necessary to support the current President. A Brussels yes-man, a supporter of immigrants, and a rejector of referenda, i.e, the ass-kisser Drahoš, is somebody whom I really don't want at Prague Castle. All patriots should see it that way," the DSSS chair posted to his Facebook profile.
The DSSS won 0.2 % of the vote during the autumn elections to the lower house compared 0.86 % of the vote in 2013, and according to Vandas, many of their previous voters cast ballots for either ANO or the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" (SPD) movement this fall. The party has existed in one form or another since 2004.
Since 2010 the DSSS has acted as the successor to the Workers' Party (DS), which was dissolved by the Supreme Administrative Court on the basis of a motion filed by the Czech Interior Ministry. The DS, according to the court, was continuing the legacy of Nazi ideology, inciting violence, and striving for a radical transformation of the democratic order.
- First round of Czech presidential elections saw low turnout in socially excluded localities
- Czech President attempts to smear opponent as "pro-immigration" - but their views are the same on that issue
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Antigypsyism on the agenda at EU’s High-Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance
- Ultra-right marks Velvet Revolution by racially abusing Czech TV reporters, Arabs and Muslims
- Czech Republic commemorates Velvet Revolution, Prague Police arrest two right-wing extremists
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech Republic: Head of ROMEA receiving threats against his family, antigypsyism on the rise
- Czech Police report low turnout for ultra-right event featuring speaker convicted of the racially-motivated murder of a Romani man
- Commentary: By honoring Zeman, US Jewish organization is promoting the fascisization of Czech society
- Czech online tabloids recycling long-debunked antigypsyist hoaxes alleging Roma get free transportation, washing machines
- Czech Interior Ministry's quarterly report on extremism: Politicians exploited fears of immigration
- Julius Zajac: Ascendancy of extremists and liars may augur a new kind of totalitarianism in the Czech Republic
- Patrik Banga: How can people in the Czech Republic write about reviving the concentration camps?
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls Czech MP's remarks about Romani genocide site classic Holocaust denial
- Czech citizens file crime report over MP's remarks denying the suffering of Romani genocide victims
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- Austria: First newborn of the year has become a target of hateful commentary
- Czech women charged with promoting neo-Nazism plead innocent
- Czech MP spreads disinformation about terrorist threat, Interior Minister sharply objects
- Romani celebrity files complaint with Czech Constitutional Court over lower court rejection of his victimization by racist threats
- Czech institute reminds President that welfare restrictions have applied for more than a decade now
- Czech Internet spreads lies and xenophobia after brawl in Brno, Interior Ministry responds
Tags:DS, DSSS, Extremism, Miloš Zeman
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.