Czech antigypsyist ultra-right party expresses support for incumbent in presidential race
Members and sympathizers of the extremist Workers Social Justice Party (Dělnická strana sociální spravedlnosti - DSSS) should support the incumbent, Miloš Zeman, in the second round of the presidential race this Friday and Saturday, according to a recommendation that was approved on 20 January by delegates to an extraordinary convention of the party. Former chair Tomáš Vandas was re-elected Chair of the unsuccessful party once again.
His challenger, Jiří Froněk, ultimately was elected Vice-Chair by the delegates to the convention. The Executive Vice-Chair of the party remains Jiří Štěpánek and the Secretary remains Erik Lamprecht.
Alena Poláčková was newly elected Vice-Chair. Vandas expressed his support for Zeman during the first round of voting and has now reiterated it.
"So, it's clear. In the second round we await a duel between Zeman and Drahoš. Now I can absolutely clearly say that in this situation it is necessary to support the current President. A Brussels yes-man, a supporter of immigrants, and a rejector of referenda, i.e, the ass-kisser Drahoš, is somebody whom I really don't want at Prague Castle. All patriots should see it that way," the DSSS chair posted to his Facebook profile.
The DSSS won 0.2 % of the vote during the autumn elections to the lower house compared 0.86 % of the vote in 2013, and according to Vandas, many of their previous voters cast ballots for either ANO or the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" (SPD) movement this fall. The party has existed in one form or another since 2004.
Since 2010 the DSSS has acted as the successor to the Workers' Party (DS), which was dissolved by the Supreme Administrative Court on the basis of a motion filed by the Czech Interior Ministry. The DS, according to the court, was continuing the legacy of Nazi ideology, inciting violence, and striving for a radical transformation of the democratic order.
- First round of Czech presidential elections saw low turnout in socially excluded localities
- Czech President attempts to smear opponent as "pro-immigration" - but their views are the same on that issue
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Antigypsyism on the agenda at EU’s High-Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance
- Ultra-right marks Velvet Revolution by racially abusing Czech TV reporters, Arabs and Muslims
- Czech Republic commemorates Velvet Revolution, Prague Police arrest two right-wing extremists
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech Republic: Head of ROMEA receiving threats against his family, antigypsyism on the rise
- Czech Police report low turnout for ultra-right event featuring speaker convicted of the racially-motivated murder of a Romani man
- Commentary: By honoring Zeman, US Jewish organization is promoting the fascisization of Czech society
- Czech online tabloids recycling long-debunked antigypsyist hoaxes alleging Roma get free transportation, washing machines
- LIVE BROADCAST: Disgraced adviser to US President debates Democratic Party supporter in Prague
- Disgraced former Trump adviser to debate 2016 election with Democratic Party supporter in the Czech capital
- Ukraine: Violence against Romani people is escalating
- Czech Police intervene after ultra-right attacks those opposed to neo-Nazism in Plzeň
- MEP Soraya Post for ROMEA TV: Antigypsyism exists everywhere in Europe
- Ukraine: Video of pogrom against Roma shows neo-Nazis chasing children, throwing rocks at them and using tear gas
- Czech singer gets married on Hitler's birthday at a chateau where the SS were headquartered
- Germany: 750 neo-Nazis celebrate Hitler's birthday, police confiscate their materials
- Czech President pushing Czech PM into Government with right-wing extremists
- TODAY!!! Romani people to demonstrate against racism on 17 March in Prague's Klárov Park
- Germany: Neo-Nazi terrorists get multiple-year sentences
- Czech terrorist allegedly a fanatical supporter of ultra-right party who has attacked Romani people in the past
Tags:DS, DSSS, Extremism, Miloš Zeman
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.