Czech antigypsyist ultra-right party expresses support for incumbent in presidential race
Members and sympathizers of the extremist Workers Social Justice Party (Dělnická strana sociální spravedlnosti - DSSS) should support the incumbent, Miloš Zeman, in the second round of the presidential race this Friday and Saturday, according to a recommendation that was approved on 20 January by delegates to an extraordinary convention of the party. Former chair Tomáš Vandas was re-elected Chair of the unsuccessful party once again.
His challenger, Jiří Froněk, ultimately was elected Vice-Chair by the delegates to the convention. The Executive Vice-Chair of the party remains Jiří Štěpánek and the Secretary remains Erik Lamprecht.
Alena Poláčková was newly elected Vice-Chair. Vandas expressed his support for Zeman during the first round of voting and has now reiterated it.
"So, it's clear. In the second round we await a duel between Zeman and Drahoš. Now I can absolutely clearly say that in this situation it is necessary to support the current President. A Brussels yes-man, a supporter of immigrants, and a rejector of referenda, i.e, the ass-kisser Drahoš, is somebody whom I really don't want at Prague Castle. All patriots should see it that way," the DSSS chair posted to his Facebook profile.
The DSSS won 0.2 % of the vote during the autumn elections to the lower house compared 0.86 % of the vote in 2013, and according to Vandas, many of their previous voters cast ballots for either ANO or the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" (SPD) movement this fall. The party has existed in one form or another since 2004.
Since 2010 the DSSS has acted as the successor to the Workers' Party (DS), which was dissolved by the Supreme Administrative Court on the basis of a motion filed by the Czech Interior Ministry. The DS, according to the court, was continuing the legacy of Nazi ideology, inciting violence, and striving for a radical transformation of the democratic order.
- First round of Czech presidential elections saw low turnout in socially excluded localities
- Czech President attempts to smear opponent as "pro-immigration" - but their views are the same on that issue
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Antigypsyism on the agenda at EU’s High-Level Group on combating racism, xenophobia and other forms of intolerance
- Ultra-right marks Velvet Revolution by racially abusing Czech TV reporters, Arabs and Muslims
- Czech Republic commemorates Velvet Revolution, Prague Police arrest two right-wing extremists
- European Parliament: Roma in the EU face antigypsyism and everyday discrimination that must stop
- Czech Republic: Head of ROMEA receiving threats against his family, antigypsyism on the rise
- Czech Police report low turnout for ultra-right event featuring speaker convicted of the racially-motivated murder of a Romani man
- Commentary: By honoring Zeman, US Jewish organization is promoting the fascisization of Czech society
- Czech online tabloids recycling long-debunked antigypsyist hoaxes alleging Roma get free transportation, washing machines
- Czech Police do not find politicians' remarks about Romani genocide site to have been criminal
- Czech ultra-nationalist party joins local assembly in the country's second-largest city
- ROMEA declines invitation to Czech Television's debate program on Czech President's remarks because of its sensationalism
- Czech President insults Romani people yet again after casting his ballot
- MEP Soraya Post supports Romani photo campaign responding to Czech President's antigypsyist remarks
- Czech extremist party's campaign rally in Prague legally blocked by counter-event
- European Roma flood Facebook with hundreds of photos of themselves at work, tell Czech President to stop insulting them
- USA: Four racists arrested over last year's violence in Charlottesville
- Disagree with the Czech President's antigypsyism? ERRC makes it easy to email him
- European Roma Rights Centre: Czech President's remarks were antigypsyist hate speech
- Czech school targeted with hate over its non-white first-graders last year receives donation of laptop computers
- Czech civil society groups, Romani ones included, protest students inviting ultra-right candidate to debates ahead of elections
Tags:DS, DSSS, Extremism, Miloš Zeman
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.