Czech Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations endorses Drahoš, calls on Roma to turn out
The President of the Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations of the Czech Republic, Vladimír Leško, has published a video on YouTube aimed at Romani people asking them to take an active part in the election of the President of the Czech Republic in the second round of voting, which begins today and continues tomorrow until 2 pm. Leško, together with other members of the association, clearly declares on YouTube that he will vote for Jiří Drahoš.
Some Romani students also speak in the video. "The President has the power to influence public opinion on important political and social issues and thus to influence our future," says Vladimír Kočko, a student at the University of Law and Business in Ostrava.
"We will choose a president who will base his time in office on bringing all of us together without drawing distinctions, such as those of nationality and skin color. Not a President who bases his administration on insults and untrue information," Kočko says.
"Let's vote!" the college student urges his fellow Romani voters. High school student Denisa Horváthová then appeals to Romani voters who live abroad and have Czech citizenship to take part in the election as well.
- Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech poll finds that Drahoš has the biggest chance against Zeman in the second round
- Czech expert says haters' attention is fixating on Roma again, "migration" as a subject is over
- Czech President Havel protested against the wall separating non-Roma from Roma on Matiční Street 20 years ago
- Pavel Botoš: Who will stop the use of terms like "cigoši" in the Czech Republic?
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Roma are most frequently targeted by hatred on the Czech Internet, experts say the law applies online too
- Czech Govt report on the state of the Romani minority estimates 830 ghettos with 127 000 inhabitants in the regions
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová has breakfast with Romani students
- VIDEO: Ostentatious homes built by Roma community in Romania reflect their desire for prestige
- Jozef Miker: Those who care about the homeless in the Czech Republic are bringing them food for free
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires