Czech Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations endorses Drahoš, calls on Roma to turn out
The President of the Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations of the Czech Republic, Vladimír Leško, has published a video on YouTube aimed at Romani people asking them to take an active part in the election of the President of the Czech Republic in the second round of voting, which begins today and continues tomorrow until 2 pm. Leško, together with other members of the association, clearly declares on YouTube that he will vote for Jiří Drahoš.
Some Romani students also speak in the video. "The President has the power to influence public opinion on important political and social issues and thus to influence our future," says Vladimír Kočko, a student at the University of Law and Business in Ostrava.
"We will choose a president who will base his time in office on bringing all of us together without drawing distinctions, such as those of nationality and skin color. Not a President who bases his administration on insults and untrue information," Kočko says.
"Let's vote!" the college student urges his fellow Romani voters. High school student Denisa Horváthová then appeals to Romani voters who live abroad and have Czech citizenship to take part in the election as well.
- Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech poll finds that Drahoš has the biggest chance against Zeman in the second round
- Czech elections: 13 Romani local assembly members, no Romani senators
- Martina Horváthová: Freely casting your ballot is your right - and nobody else's business!
- Slovak PM on Romani settlements: Incentivize employment, no tolerance for disorder
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs
- Romania: 900 protest recent violence against Roma in Italy and Ukraine, more demonstrations in other European countries to follow
- OSCE Mission to Serbia responds to Romani NGOs about alleged radicalization, references British Council report
- Italy: Romani infant hospitalized after being shot with pellet gun
- Romani NGOs around Europe ask why the OSCE is researching alleged radicalization of their communities in Serbia
- Edita Stejskalová: OSCE should send observer missions to Ukraine regarding pogroms against Roma and monitor the police investigation
- Italy's Lombardy Region first to conduct census of Roma and Sinti, plans to raze illegal camps, Romani organizations protesting
- Italian Interior Minister threatens to cancel police protection for crimefighting author who criticizes his anti-Roma attitude
Tags:Prezidentské volby 2018, Roma, Students, Aktuality
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.