Czech Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations endorses Drahoš, calls on Roma to turn out
The President of the Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations of the Czech Republic, Vladimír Leško, has published a video on YouTube aimed at Romani people asking them to take an active part in the election of the President of the Czech Republic in the second round of voting, which begins today and continues tomorrow until 2 pm. Leško, together with other members of the association, clearly declares on YouTube that he will vote for Jiří Drahoš.
Some Romani students also speak in the video. "The President has the power to influence public opinion on important political and social issues and thus to influence our future," says Vladimír Kočko, a student at the University of Law and Business in Ostrava.
"We will choose a president who will base his time in office on bringing all of us together without drawing distinctions, such as those of nationality and skin color. Not a President who bases his administration on insults and untrue information," Kočko says.
"Let's vote!" the college student urges his fellow Romani voters. High school student Denisa Horváthová then appeals to Romani voters who live abroad and have Czech citizenship to take part in the election as well.
- Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech poll finds that Drahoš has the biggest chance against Zeman in the second round
- Prague Forum for Romani Histories launches Czech website, panel on Holocaust research MONDAY
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- Hungary: Open Society Foundation closing in Budapest due to Government persecution
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- U.S. diplomats discuss situation of Romani people in Europe during Czech visit
- OPEN CALL for 5th CoE Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Civil Society next month - DEADLINE 27 MAY to apply
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
- Jana Balážová: Not acceptable for teachers to see Romani children as a burden
- Czech educators told Romani child she was "slow" - in the UK she's on her second college degree and working as a dental nurse
- Czech singer gets married on Hitler's birthday at a chateau where the SS were headquartered
- Czech NGO ROMEA launches I HAVE A DREAM! campaign to support Romani students
- BBC Three Documentary Exposes Human Rights Abuses In Hungary’s State-Care Homes
Tags:Prezidentské volby 2018, Roma, Students, Aktuality
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.