Czech Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations endorses Drahoš, calls on Roma to turn out
The President of the Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations of the Czech Republic, Vladimír Leško, has published a video on YouTube aimed at Romani people asking them to take an active part in the election of the President of the Czech Republic in the second round of voting, which begins today and continues tomorrow until 2 pm. Leško, together with other members of the association, clearly declares on YouTube that he will vote for Jiří Drahoš.
Some Romani students also speak in the video. "The President has the power to influence public opinion on important political and social issues and thus to influence our future," says Vladimír Kočko, a student at the University of Law and Business in Ostrava.
"We will choose a president who will base his time in office on bringing all of us together without drawing distinctions, such as those of nationality and skin color. Not a President who bases his administration on insults and untrue information," Kočko says.
"Let's vote!" the college student urges his fellow Romani voters. High school student Denisa Horváthová then appeals to Romani voters who live abroad and have Czech citizenship to take part in the election as well.
- Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech poll finds that Drahoš has the biggest chance against Zeman in the second round
- British MPs reject Brexit agreement - what now for the EU citizens of Roma origin there?
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support housing benefit-free zones in Liberec
- How were Romani members of the Czechoslovak Legionnaires rewarded for their service?
- Yet another Czech town bans housing benefits, opposition politician and Romani NGO object
- Commentary: Czech President Zeman's racism and Romani people
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Students in Slovak town object to protest seeking to exploit still-unclarified tragedy
- Italian Deputy Prime Minister says EU Justice Commissioner's critique of Italy's treatment of Roma is "nonsense"
- Czech organization remembers the Nazi genocide and aids its Romani victims
- Portugal: Christian radio station awarded prize for working to reduce inter-ethnic tension in Slovakia
- Czech elections: 13 Romani local assembly members, no Romani senators
- Martina Horváthová: Freely casting your ballot is your right - and nobody else's business!