Czech cashier with Nazi swastika tattoo fired by Kaufland, could be charged
Tabloid news server eXtra.cz reports that this past Tuesday, photographs and video footage began to spread through Czech online social networks of a cashier at a Kaufland in Prague with a Nazi swastika and other symbols tatooed on her arm. Several hours later, she was fired.
The cashier worked at the Kaufland on U Plynárny Street. A customer filmed her scanning goods with the Nazi swastika clearly in view on her arm.
The cashier, whose nametag reads "Miriam", had other motifs referencing Nazi Germany tattoed on her arm as well, such as a man raising his right arm in the Nazi salute and an image of a gate that was reminiscent of an entrance to a concentration camp. The video was posted to online social networks and spread like lightning.
The customer also complained to the management of the branch. "I didn't like it, so I immediately said something about it," the customer who took the video footage told eXtra.cz.
"I wanted to address it right then, but she pretended it was no big deal," the customer said. "I am very sensitive about such matters."
"I contacted the Kaufland management to ask what they intended to do about it. They connected me with the manager of the branch, who told me she would immediately deal with it," the customer told eXtra.cz.
"Our company strictly rejects the promotion of symbols of that kind in any form. The person concerned was immediately fired and we are considering whether to bring charges against her," Michael Šperla, press spokesperson for Kaufland, told news server Romea.cz in a written statement.
The temporary worker, according to Šperla, had worked there just a brief time in other positions requiring work clothing with long sleeves, and only after she was assigned to work as a cashier, where it is possible to wear short sleeves, did it become apparent that she had been breaking the company's code of ethics. Kaufland apologized for the situation in a statement sent to news server Romea.cz.
- Czech Olympic athlete: Neo-Nazi opinions are being made dangerously palatable today
- Czech publishing company producing objects with portraits of dictators and Nazis because they sell
- Czech civil society prize goes to Romani musician Radek Banga for protesting music award to neo-Nazi band
- Czech Supreme Court upholds sentencing for neo-Nazi who attempted to burn 18 Romani people, eight of them children, to death
- Slovak Parliament condemns growing displays of extremism
- Czech PM, in speech about EU, says migration problems have caused a rise in extremist politics
- Italian Interior Minister plans to deport Romani people, opposition calls the plan repugnant
- Czech President's staff criticize inclusion of "Freedom and Direct Democracy" party in extremism report
- Russia: The World Cup begins with concerns about homophobia, racism, and violence
- UK: Trial of neo-Nazi who planned to murder MP and policewoman begins in London
- Czech Interior Ministry: SPD movement has assumed the agenda of the extreme right
- Germany is coping - three years after the immigration wave, 25 % of refugees have jobs
- Italy: New Government demands closure of Romani encampments, redistribution of asylum-seekers by EU
- Ukraine: Paramilitaries broadcast live pogrom against Roma on Facebook, the fourth in the last six weeks
- Nationalists desecrate Czech memorial to genocide of the Roma
- Czech Govt has yet to release report stating that the SPD party poses more of a threat than extremists do
Tags:Extremism, Neo-Nazism, prodej, Racism
Romani entrepreneurs push for unemployed Roma, not foreigners, to be hired for Czech bark beetle eradication16.6.2018 8:46
Renata Berkyová: Concept of the Porajmos as a reflection of the marginalization of Roma in historiography6.6.2018 13:25
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.