Czech court gives suspended sentences and fines to "Bloc against Islamicization" followers over death threats to random pedestrians
News server iDNES.cz reports that a court in Teplice, Czech Republic has fined and put on probation a man and a woman who made insults and threats against passers-by in July 2018 in Šanov Park because they believed they were Muslims. The court ordered the sentence on the basis of the case file without holding a hearing.
Ondřej Langr, head of the prosecutors' office in Teplice, has confirmed the information: "The District Court in Teplice has issued a conviction in this matter finding both defendants guilty of felony violence against a group and its individual members and handed down suspended prison sentences and fines." It is possible to object to the finding.
Should the defendants object, the court would have to hold a trial. The incidents transpired on the last Saturday in July 2018 in the evening at an event organized by the "Bloc against Islamicization" cell in Teplice.
According to the case file, the male defendant saw a woman passing by wearing a headscarf and shouted: "Dude, a Muslim woman." The indictment charges that: "When the woman asked him whether he had a problem, he answered that he had a big problem, that Muslims must be killed, and called her a black cow."
Roughly 40 minutes after that, according to the case file, while interacting with the husband of the woman whom he had insulted and standing at a distance of two meters from him, the man pulled out a gas pistol and aimed it at the woman's husband. "[The male defendant] began to approach them while shouting: fucking Muslims, I'll kill you. He then aimed the gas pistol directly at the woman whom he had already insulted," the prosecutor described.
According to the file, at that same time the female defendant was asking a different passer-by whether he was a Muslim. "When he answered that he was born Muslim, she said that there are Muslims and Muslims and they must be killed. She said he was not a native Czech and had no business being there, an assumption based on the injured party's apparently Arab ethnicity and because she had learned of his Muslim faith," the case file reads.
- Czech court to try Islamophobes who attacked Muslim couple in a park last year
- Czech anti-Islam movement figures experience some social exclusion of their own
- Son of former Czech President disseminates photo online with misleading Islamophobic commentary
- Czech court overturns acquittal in radical Islamic book distribution case
- HOAX: Video from Prague spreads through Facebook alleging "Islamic refugees" were caught trying to rape a girl
- Analysis: Czech media spread Islamophobic disinformation about court-ordered removal of Virgin Mary statue in France
- Czech Islamophobes have a problem: Konvička has quit yet another political party and Facebook has closed their hate page
- Supporters of Czech President march through Prague chanting slogans against Islam, their opponents force them to re-route
- Czech Republic: Islamophobes demonstrate in four towns with ultra-nationalist party
- Czech court acquits defendant of disseminating radical Islamic book
- Czech Republic: Opponents of the EU, Islam, Merkel and refugee reception demonstrate in Prague
- Czech officials disperse assembly for disparaging Islam
- Czech court fines man for setting rainbow flag on fire, stays silent on homophobic motivation; he says it wasn't him and appeals
- Czech court hears defamation case against man who insulted a member of the Govt's Roma Council in the media
- Czech Police charge two men for publishing racist content about mass killing last year, Pirate Party and ROMEA filed reports against them
- Alena Gronzíková: Czech landlords will not rent to Roma even with good references and steady incomes
- Volunteer civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: ombudsman intentionally undermining the dignity of Romani people
- Czech ombudsman criticizes draft Roma Strategy, rejects idea of updating information about compensation for forced sterilizations
- Czech racists hated Vodafone Christmas ad featuring non-white children, the company objects to their online comments
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to adults who assaulted young Romani children physically and verbally in a park last year
- German court sentences terrorist who attacked Halle synagogue last year to life in prison
- Racists in Czech capital assault non-white family, call the father "Cikán", give the Nazi salute, try to take their baby
- Older Romani woman recounts how security guards in Czech shop saved her from violent racist thug