Czech court will soon try yet another person who sent death threats to Romani singer
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the death threats made against Romani singer Radoslav Banga because of his stance against the neo-Nazi Ortel band will be heard in court soon - Aleš Rozsíval of Prostějov will be tried for verbally assaulting the performer through social networking sites and the state prosecutor has charged him with four separate felonies. Rozsíval previously made threats in a similar manner against Czech MP Jana Černochová (Civic Democratic Party - ODS).
This is the second person to be tried for making death threats against Banga. The previous person convicted of making such threats was sentenced to performing community service work.
Lidovky.cz reported on 3 November that Rozsíval's trial would begin within the next two weeks. The prosecutor has charged him with defamation of a nation, race, ethnic or other group of persons; with violence against a group or its individual members; with inciting hatred against a group; and with displaying sympathy for a movement aiming at suppressing human rights and freedoms.
If convicted, Rozsíval faces up to three years in prison. "In connection with the racially motivated, hateful remarks and commentaries sent to the Facebook profile of Radoslav Banga and presented in discussions on Internet portals in response to the singer leaving the auditorium after the Ortel band was given an award during the Golden Nightingale 2016 ceremony, the person suspected of authoring those commentaries has been indicted," prosecutor Jiří Jančík confirmed to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech NGO: Court has failed shamefully in case of death threats against Romani singer
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Czech Police investigation of death threats against Romani celebrity continues, his brother targeted also
- Czech historian gets death threats after saying migration is a natural phenomenon
- Czech Police refuse to publicize whether they are investigating death threats made on Facebook against Romani celebrity
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Blog administrator at Czech daily gets death threats after shutting down "Bloc against Islam" bloggers
- Czech Republic: Death threats to civil society groups aiding refugees
- Commentary: Are the Czech police not bothered by death threats and a gallows?
- Czech Police shelve case of death threats against Roma
- Online debater convicted in Czech Republic of death threats against Roma moderator
- Police capture suspect who may have sent Natálka’s family death threats
- Czech media, police accuse Romani family of inciting brawl with non-Roma at children's pool, Romea.cz first to report the Romani mother's testimony
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- Czech Police refute rumors that defecation in public pool was done by Roma - defamatory article sparked a racist wave online
- Eyewitnesses allege staff at Czech lake did not help Vietnamese mothers look for their children, who drowned
- Italy: Moroccan beaten to death, athlete of Nigerian origin attacked as fascists in the Govt spread racism
- LIVE BROADCAST: RomanoNet delivers protest manifesto to the Italian Embassy about Italy's racist measures against Roma
- Amateur photo contest won with images of Romani people sparks hateful reactions on Czech internet
- Romania: 900 protest recent violence against Roma in Italy and Ukraine, more demonstrations in other European countries to follow
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for the Romani Community: Žilina is a textbook example of hate crime
- Italy: Court in Rome convicts four perpetrators of 2011 pogrom on Romani camp in Turin
- Hungarian Scouts claim they did not discriminate against Romani applicants
- German court sentences neo-Nazi to life in prison
Tags:death threats, Racism, Radek Banga, Trial
Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs1.8.2018 10:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.