Czech court will soon try yet another person who sent death threats to Romani singer
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the death threats made against Romani singer Radoslav Banga because of his stance against the neo-Nazi Ortel band will be heard in court soon - Aleš Rozsíval of Prostějov will be tried for verbally assaulting the performer through social networking sites and the state prosecutor has charged him with four separate felonies. Rozsíval previously made threats in a similar manner against Czech MP Jana Černochová (Civic Democratic Party - ODS).
This is the second person to be tried for making death threats against Banga. The previous person convicted of making such threats was sentenced to performing community service work.
Lidovky.cz reported on 3 November that Rozsíval's trial would begin within the next two weeks. The prosecutor has charged him with defamation of a nation, race, ethnic or other group of persons; with violence against a group or its individual members; with inciting hatred against a group; and with displaying sympathy for a movement aiming at suppressing human rights and freedoms.
If convicted, Rozsíval faces up to three years in prison. "In connection with the racially motivated, hateful remarks and commentaries sent to the Facebook profile of Radoslav Banga and presented in discussions on Internet portals in response to the singer leaving the auditorium after the Ortel band was given an award during the Golden Nightingale 2016 ceremony, the person suspected of authoring those commentaries has been indicted," prosecutor Jiří Jančík confirmed to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech NGO: Court has failed shamefully in case of death threats against Romani singer
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Czech Police investigation of death threats against Romani celebrity continues, his brother targeted also
- Czech historian gets death threats after saying migration is a natural phenomenon
- Czech Police refuse to publicize whether they are investigating death threats made on Facebook against Romani celebrity
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Blog administrator at Czech daily gets death threats after shutting down "Bloc against Islam" bloggers
- Czech Republic: Death threats to civil society groups aiding refugees
- Commentary: Are the Czech police not bothered by death threats and a gallows?
- Online debater convicted in Czech Republic of death threats against Roma moderator
- Police capture suspect who may have sent Natálka’s family death threats
- Czech lower house sees tussle over President's claims that "Black Lives Matter" is a "racist" slogan
- Czech Internet users fall for ultra-right disinformation parody - and instead of laughing, they lash out
- Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg: Mr President, you've committed another complete faux pas
- Czech President Zeman marks US Independence Day by calling Black Lives Matter "racist"
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission
- Germany: Trial begins of right-wing extremist charged with murder of local politician
- Volkswagen apologizes for racist advertisement, claiming it was "unintentional"
- Czech man prosecuted for expressing support for Norwegian terrorist refuses to testify in court
- Slovakia: Two non-Romani assailants who invaded Romani home to personally deliver death threats given suspended sentences
- Czech nursery school underpays Romani janitor for years, refuses to compensate her, she is suing