Czech court will soon try yet another person who sent death threats to Romani singer
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the death threats made against Romani singer Radoslav Banga because of his stance against the neo-Nazi Ortel band will be heard in court soon - Aleš Rozsíval of Prostějov will be tried for verbally assaulting the performer through social networking sites and the state prosecutor has charged him with four separate felonies. Rozsíval previously made threats in a similar manner against Czech MP Jana Černochová (Civic Democratic Party - ODS).
This is the second person to be tried for making death threats against Banga. The previous person convicted of making such threats was sentenced to performing community service work.
Lidovky.cz reported on 3 November that Rozsíval's trial would begin within the next two weeks. The prosecutor has charged him with defamation of a nation, race, ethnic or other group of persons; with violence against a group or its individual members; with inciting hatred against a group; and with displaying sympathy for a movement aiming at suppressing human rights and freedoms.
If convicted, Rozsíval faces up to three years in prison. "In connection with the racially motivated, hateful remarks and commentaries sent to the Facebook profile of Radoslav Banga and presented in discussions on Internet portals in response to the singer leaving the auditorium after the Ortel band was given an award during the Golden Nightingale 2016 ceremony, the person suspected of authoring those commentaries has been indicted," prosecutor Jiří Jančík confirmed to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech NGO: Court has failed shamefully in case of death threats against Romani singer
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Czech Police investigation of death threats against Romani celebrity continues, his brother targeted also
- Czech historian gets death threats after saying migration is a natural phenomenon
- Czech Police refuse to publicize whether they are investigating death threats made on Facebook against Romani celebrity
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Blog administrator at Czech daily gets death threats after shutting down "Bloc against Islam" bloggers
- Czech Republic: Death threats to civil society groups aiding refugees
- Commentary: Are the Czech police not bothered by death threats and a gallows?
- Czech Police shelve case of death threats against Roma
- Online debater convicted in Czech Republic of death threats against Roma moderator
- Police capture suspect who may have sent Natálka’s family death threats
- Germany: 750 neo-Nazis celebrate Hitler's birthday, police confiscate their materials
- VIDEO: First-instance verdict in the Chomutov shooting case - 12.5 years
- BREAKING NEWS: Czech shooter of Romani man gets 12.5 years in prison
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Slovak appeals court confirms that town discriminated against Romani woman and must compensate her
- Vojtěch Pačan: The gadje turned out in person for the Prague demonstration, but Romani people only express their criticism on Facebook
- TODAY!!! Romani people to demonstrate against racism on 17 March in Prague's Klárov Park
- Slovak ultra-right MP tried for extremism after making xenophobic remarks about Roma
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
- Margareta Matache and Cornel West on the common struggle of African Americans and Roma against white normativity
- Czech MP spreads disinformation alleging that Florida school shooter was an Antifa member
- Czech police officer who brutally assaulted Romani workers now on trial
Tags:death threats, Racism, Radek Banga, Trial
Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg will attend public discussion of the future memorial at Romani genocide site in Lety22.4.2018 10:31
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.