Czech court will soon try yet another person who sent death threats to Romani singer
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the death threats made against Romani singer Radoslav Banga because of his stance against the neo-Nazi Ortel band will be heard in court soon - Aleš Rozsíval of Prostějov will be tried for verbally assaulting the performer through social networking sites and the state prosecutor has charged him with four separate felonies. Rozsíval previously made threats in a similar manner against Czech MP Jana Černochová (Civic Democratic Party - ODS).
This is the second person to be tried for making death threats against Banga. The previous person convicted of making such threats was sentenced to performing community service work.
Lidovky.cz reported on 3 November that Rozsíval's trial would begin within the next two weeks. The prosecutor has charged him with defamation of a nation, race, ethnic or other group of persons; with violence against a group or its individual members; with inciting hatred against a group; and with displaying sympathy for a movement aiming at suppressing human rights and freedoms.
If convicted, Rozsíval faces up to three years in prison. "In connection with the racially motivated, hateful remarks and commentaries sent to the Facebook profile of Radoslav Banga and presented in discussions on Internet portals in response to the singer leaving the auditorium after the Ortel band was given an award during the Golden Nightingale 2016 ceremony, the person suspected of authoring those commentaries has been indicted," prosecutor Jiří Jančík confirmed to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech NGO: Court has failed shamefully in case of death threats against Romani singer
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Czech Police investigation of death threats against Romani celebrity continues, his brother targeted also
- Czech historian gets death threats after saying migration is a natural phenomenon
- Czech Police refuse to publicize whether they are investigating death threats made on Facebook against Romani celebrity
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Blog administrator at Czech daily gets death threats after shutting down "Bloc against Islam" bloggers
- Czech Republic: Death threats to civil society groups aiding refugees
- Commentary: Are the Czech police not bothered by death threats and a gallows?
- Czech Police shelve case of death threats against Roma
- Online debater convicted in Czech Republic of death threats against Roma moderator
- Police capture suspect who may have sent Natálka’s family death threats
- Germany: Xenophobic party apologizes for racist coloring book after sharp criticism
- Another victim of the German terrorist attack, a young man from Romania, is also from the Roma minority
- Czech Police investigating racist video posted by fanclub of ultranationalist party
- German Interior Minister: Hanau terrorist attack motivated by racism, neo-Nazis have attacked three times in just a few months
- Young Romani woman was a victim of German shooting spree
- German shooting spree is being investigated as a terrorist attack
- Germany: Anti-migrant xenophobic gunman kills 11 in horrifying spree, he and his mother then found dead
- Video footage surfaces of Slovak politician bragging about throwing Romani people into a river when he was younger
- Chair of Czech right-wing extremist party exultant over appointment of new ombudsman
- Grandson of Holocaust survivor says he experiences racism on a daily basis in the Czech Republic
- Czech bookstore fires clerk for racially insulting Romani colleague on social media
- Czech Prosecutor General appeals to continue case against eight members of the neo-Nazi "National Resistance"