Czech court will soon try yet another person who sent death threats to Romani singer
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the death threats made against Romani singer Radoslav Banga because of his stance against the neo-Nazi Ortel band will be heard in court soon - Aleš Rozsíval of Prostějov will be tried for verbally assaulting the performer through social networking sites and the state prosecutor has charged him with four separate felonies. Rozsíval previously made threats in a similar manner against Czech MP Jana Černochová (Civic Democratic Party - ODS).
This is the second person to be tried for making death threats against Banga. The previous person convicted of making such threats was sentenced to performing community service work.
Lidovky.cz reported on 3 November that Rozsíval's trial would begin within the next two weeks. The prosecutor has charged him with defamation of a nation, race, ethnic or other group of persons; with violence against a group or its individual members; with inciting hatred against a group; and with displaying sympathy for a movement aiming at suppressing human rights and freedoms.
If convicted, Rozsíval faces up to three years in prison. "In connection with the racially motivated, hateful remarks and commentaries sent to the Facebook profile of Radoslav Banga and presented in discussions on Internet portals in response to the singer leaving the auditorium after the Ortel band was given an award during the Golden Nightingale 2016 ceremony, the person suspected of authoring those commentaries has been indicted," prosecutor Jiří Jančík confirmed to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech NGO: Court has failed shamefully in case of death threats against Romani singer
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Czech Police investigation of death threats against Romani celebrity continues, his brother targeted also
- Czech historian gets death threats after saying migration is a natural phenomenon
- Czech Police refuse to publicize whether they are investigating death threats made on Facebook against Romani celebrity
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Blog administrator at Czech daily gets death threats after shutting down "Bloc against Islam" bloggers
- Czech Republic: Death threats to civil society groups aiding refugees
- Commentary: Are the Czech police not bothered by death threats and a gallows?
- Czech Police shelve case of death threats against Roma
- Online debater convicted in Czech Republic of death threats against Roma moderator
- Police capture suspect who may have sent Natálka’s family death threats
- Czech restaurant chain apologizes to Romani musician for refusal of service
- Czech town sees street fight, mayor writes about the "gypsy nuisance" - then ignores other violence involving non-Romani people
- Czech candidate shocked when online haters targeted her two-year-old
- Czech Police charge adults who assaulted Romani children with three felonies including racial defamation
- Czech restaurant says reservations, not racism, were why a Romani group was not seated despite empty tables
- Winner of Czech-Slovak singing competition "The Voice" subjected to racist attacks online
- Czech court acquits football hooligans accused of assaulting dark-skinned man on Prague tram, prosecutor appeals
- Czech Senator compares environmental, gender equality, multiculturalism advocacy to racism and totalitarianism at Holocaust site
- Italy: Almost 1 000 Roma and Sinti march in Milan on Romani Resistance Day
- Czech gunman convicted of shooting Romani man moved from prison to temporary custody pending appeal
- Pope stands up for Romani people attacked by (neo)Fascists in Rome who threatened rape
- Lawyer on groundbreaking Czech court finding: Courts must consider hate crime victims' perspectives now