Czech documentary film about xenophobia, "Czechs versus Czechs", wins special honor at Jihlava film festival
Tomáš Kratochvíl's documentary film "Czechs versus Czechs" (Češi proti Čechům) has won special recognition at the documentary film festival in Jihlava "for the impressive use of film as a personal journal to break down social prejudices and stereotypes". The director made the film in the Romani ghetto of Předlice, where he lived for eight months.
The film is a continuation of his previous documentary, "Gadžo". The website of the Jihlava festival presents the following dialogue as an annotation to the film:
"I'd throw a grenade at them."
"The gypsies. They multiply like mice."
"Do they have to be killed?"
"Yes. Do you know what Hitler should have done? Left the Jews alone and shot the gypsies. There are too many of them."
- Film about Czechoslovak experiment with Romani children wins best documentary from Olomouc Film Academy
- Documentary film review: "Suppressed Letters", about a Czechoslovak experiment with Romani children
- Documentary shows Roma from Slovak settlements singing with non-Romani musicians
- Documentary films by Roma about Roma screen in Vienna
- Interview with director of documentary film about Romani girls
- Will Czech documentary about Romani activist unite, or divide?
- Czech director of documentary about quintuplets: There is truth on both sides
- Documentary film review: "All My Children"
- Czech documentary by Roma about Roma celebrates success at French Institute
- Czech festival gives highest prize to documentary about racist murders of Roma in Hungary
- Documentary about blockade of neo-Nazi march in Brno, Czech Republic premieres next month
- Documentary about three Roma women in politics premieres at Khamoro Festival in Prague
- "Scars of Racism": CNN documentary gently shows the cost of indifference to neo-Nazism
- Documentary on the attempted neo-Nazi pogrom at Janov
- Documentary films on SEE social, political and human rights issues
- Czech Prosecutor General insists online hate speech is a felony, Supreme Court agrees
- Czech off-duty police officer assaults Romani children for smoking
- Czech Government decides today on moving Agency for Social Inclusion to the Regional Development Ministry
- Czech institute says city's hope of state investment into "container" housing may be in vain
- Czech court says use of force in response to racist abuse was proportionate, prosecutor appeals
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Czech MP says his assistant's remark that refugees could be killed with machine guns does not bother him
- Czech court to try Islamophobes who attacked Muslim couple in a park last year
- Czech town hires Romani lifeguards, swimmers respond positively - especially Romanes speakers
- Czech research finds that majority must change its approach to Romani people in order to improve the situation in the schools
- Commentary: Truth vs. oligarchy, populism and xenophobia
- Czech towns hire Romani community members as police assistants