Czech documentary film about xenophobia, "Czechs versus Czechs", wins special honor at Jihlava film festival
Tomáš Kratochvíl's documentary film "Czechs versus Czechs" (Češi proti Čechům) has won special recognition at the documentary film festival in Jihlava "for the impressive use of film as a personal journal to break down social prejudices and stereotypes". The director made the film in the Romani ghetto of Předlice, where he lived for eight months.
The film is a continuation of his previous documentary, "Gadžo". The website of the Jihlava festival presents the following dialogue as an annotation to the film:
"I'd throw a grenade at them."
"The gypsies. They multiply like mice."
"Do they have to be killed?"
"Yes. Do you know what Hitler should have done? Left the Jews alone and shot the gypsies. There are too many of them."
- Film about Czechoslovak experiment with Romani children wins best documentary from Olomouc Film Academy
- Documentary film review: "Suppressed Letters", about a Czechoslovak experiment with Romani children
- Documentary shows Roma from Slovak settlements singing with non-Romani musicians
- Documentary films by Roma about Roma screen in Vienna
- Interview with director of documentary film about Romani girls
- Will Czech documentary about Romani activist unite, or divide?
- Czech director of documentary about quintuplets: There is truth on both sides
- Documentary film review: "All My Children"
- Czech documentary by Roma about Roma celebrates success at French Institute
- Czech festival gives highest prize to documentary about racist murders of Roma in Hungary
- Documentary about blockade of neo-Nazi march in Brno, Czech Republic premieres next month
- Documentary about three Roma women in politics premieres at Khamoro Festival in Prague
- "Scars of Racism": CNN documentary gently shows the cost of indifference to neo-Nazism
- Documentary on the attempted neo-Nazi pogrom at Janov
- Documentary films on SEE social, political and human rights issues
- Czech towns hire Romani community members as police assistants
- Czech candidate shocked when online haters targeted her two-year-old
- Czech town plans to demolish real estate rented to the socially vulnerable after altercation between long-term residents and newcomers
- Open Letter: Conveners of Holocaust commemoration are too quiet after politician disgraced it
- Czech doctor prioritizes registration of Romani patients and receives hateful threats from non-Roma
- Czech Republic: Romani family harassed by xenophobic neighbors with vulgar abuse and threats
- Racist band associated with a leader of "Right Sector" in Ukraine to play in Czech Republic today
- Romani newcomers to Czech town decide to relocate after altercation and protest - despite police protection
- Czech Govt will not draft social housing law or anti-poverty measures
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion distances itself from group led by candidate for party using racist slogan
- Czech university sponsors art project referencing opponent of Hitler in town known for its intolerance
- Oxfam: Gulf between the poor and the rich increasing, nationalism on the rise worldwide