Czech expert says Krásná Lípa school committed segregation and probably discrimination as well
Klára Laurenčíková, an expert on inclusive education, has commented on the results of an investigation by the Czech School Inspection into complaints of segregation at a primary school in Krásná Lípa on which news server Romea.cz has been reporting. She believes that by creating a "Romani class", the school has committed segregation at the very least and may have also committed discrimination.
The conclusions drawn by some other Czech media outlets that the school has not been and is not discriminating border on disinformation, according to Laurenčíková. The inspection report presents the information that Romani children were placed separately into an isolated classroom of their own and did not get sufficient support for their education even though the principal of the school, at the time she decided to set up their class, defended her decision by saying she wanted to provide extremely increased aid and support to those children.
- Commentary: Martin Konvička, the crime of preparing apartheid and the segregation of Romani children
- Czech adviser to Education Minister: Segregation is unacceptable, unethical - and undefined in Czech law
- Forum 2000 opens with debate about segregation of Roma in the Czech schools
- Slovak court says school, not state, is responsible for segregating Romani children
- Czech national audit says schools were not prepared for inclusion and local governments are not drawing funds for it in socially excluded localities
- Czech Education Ministry wants to end funding for assistants to thousands of disabled children, expert says this will ruin inclusive education
- More than 60 % of Czechs active online believe Romani people are favored over non-Roma in the Czech Republic
- Czech primary school materials feature a total of 71 sentences about Roma - and they promote stereotypes
- Czech school claims it's "random" that white children are segregated from Romani children in separate first-grade class
- Best Reality, Stars reality corporation s.r.o., DůmRealit.cz, Broker´s Team, CENTURY 21 Finem caught on tape rejecting Roma tenants in Czech Republic, only CENTURY 21 apologizes
- Commentary: Czech ombudsman's racist remarks reveal his ignorance of Roma and of history
- Czech nursery school underpays Romani janitor for years, refuses to compensate her, she is suing
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"