Czech Foreign Minister on World Roma Day: Fighting for equality is an integral part of Czech foreign policy
Speaking on the occasion of World Roma Day today, Czech Foreign Minister Tomáš Petříček (Czech Social Democratic Party - ČSSD) said that fighting for equality is an integral part of Czech foreign policy. "Today is the day of Romani culture, history and language, but also a reminder of the never-ending fight for equality irrespective of race, sex, religion or political convictions. These values are also an integral part of Czech foreign policy," he said.
Romani people all over the globe mark World Roma Day on 8 April. This year marks 50 years since the important day on which the historic first-ever World Roma Congress was held in Orpington near London in 1971 in the United Kingdom.
That meeting laid the foundations for the international collaborations to come among Romani people and the movement attained an international sociopolitical dimension. Romani people annually commemorate their common culture, language and origin, their shared collaborations and unification, and above all their Romipen ("Romani-ness").
- "Haters Will Not Stop Us!" ROMEA launches campaign to support Romani scholarship program
- Czech ecumenical service sends wishes of good fortune and good health to Romani people on their day
- Czech activist on 8 April: the Romani position in society is deteriorating, zero results from the financing invested
- Czech actors send greetings to Romani people for 8 April, World Roma Day
- Zeljko Jovanovic: The New Roma Politics of Self-Determination and Unity
- 50th anniversary of the international movement of Romani people celebrated worldwide
- Czech foundation established by Olga Havlová recalls what she honored while she lived: Freedom, justice, and respect for others
- Petr Torák, MBE, refused restaurant service in Czech capital because he is Romani - interview will broadcast in Czech at 20:00 CET
- Open Society Foundations pledges to invest in new European Roma Foundation for 2023
- New Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner will be Klára Šimáčková Laurenčíková
- Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights: Roma fleeing Ukraine frequently face discrimination and prejudice
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Minister gets a haircut at a Romani-owned barbershop to mark World Roma Day
- Michal Mižigár: What myths exist about World Roma Day and what is the reality?
- More than 3 000 people assembled to celebrate World Roma Day in Ostrava, Czech Republic - footage of performances here
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights: I wish all Romani men and women the very best for their day today, with all my heart!
- Jihlava, Czech Republic flies the Romani flag in honor of World Roma Day
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová met with Roma students on the occasion of World Roma Day
- European Parliament President warns of growing antigypsyism and sends greetings on World Roma Day