Czech Government approves bankruptcy amendment bill adjusting conditions for debt relief
On 18 January it was reported by news server justice.cz that the Czech Government has approved a so-called debt relief amendment to bankruptcy legislation that will significantly change the conditions for debt relief. The amendment will make the process of declaring bankruptcy accessible to a broader circle of debtors who are making a good-faith effort to pay off their obligations and will aid people in the so-called debt trap.
At the same time, however, the bill counts on debtors being actively involved in economic activity and urges them to behave responsibly. "This is an offer for debtors who are motivated and want to return to the normal economy. Instead of the state sending them welfare, they will pay the state taxes. The new rule is not at all a debt amnesty, but a system for the honest repayment of almost all the debtors' earnings to creditors over the course of seven years," Czech Justice Minister Robert Pelikán said after the cabinet session.
According to the news rules, it will suffice for a debtor to offer collateral to creditors to repay debts and for the debtor to expend all efforts to paying them off over the next seven years. The amendment also facilitates faster debt relief for debtors who pay at least 50 % of the obligations held by their unsecured creditors in three years.
The bill had already been submitted to the Chamber of Deputies by the previous Government. Because of the autumn elections to the lower house, however, the process of submitting the bill had to be repeated, and now the bill will proceed to the Chamber's Organizational Committee and then to a first reading
- Czech survey on migration in socially excluded localities finds people move too frequently, either to escape debt or because the mafia evicts them
- Czech Government supports amendment to insolvency law to make debt relief more accessible
- Czech Human Rights Minister: Debt relief is a basic aspect of addressing social exclusion
- Czech journalists criticize paper for article about Romani actress's alleged debts
- Czech Justice Minister leaving politics because most of his fellow ANO members hold different opinions about human rights
- Czech Foreign Ministry flies Romani flag, outgoing Foreign Minister and Justice Minister meet with Roma
- Czech Justice Minister visits Moravian-Silesian Region's excluded localities, housing is the most essential issue
- Czech Republic: Conditions for leaving the debt trap may be relaxed
- Czech Justice Minister: State has no solution for social exclusion, Romani children not on an equal footing with others
- Czech Justice Minister now in charge of human rights agenda, but will he join the next Government?
- Czech Justice Minister threatens to resign if SPD party joins the Government, calls it fascist, they plan to sue
- Czech Gov't Roma Council demands apology, Czech Justice Minister disturbed by MP's remarks about Romani genocide site
- Czech party wants to abolish compulsory preschool, former EdMin calls it a cheap gesture
- Human rights agenda, including Agency for Social Inclusion and Hate Free Culture, now under Czech Justice Minister
- Ninety years ago the Czechoslovak authorities issued law on "wandering gypsies", took fingerprints for "gypsy identification cards"
- Czech Justice Minister will not discipline state prosecutor accused of protecting racists
Tags:dluh, ministr spravedlnosti, Robert Pelikán, zákon
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.