Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner: I support the creation of a Government Commissioner for Romani Minority Affairs
Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner Helena Válková, speaking yesterday during the commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku, expressed support for the request of Romani people in the Czech Republic to establish the position of a Czech Government Commissioner for the Romani Minority during a speech in which, among other matters, she reminded the public that currently a new Roma Integration Strategy for 2021-2030 is being drafted. "I decidedly support the demands of the Romani minority for a Romani Commissioner to be included in the Strategy for 2021-2030," she said.
"Only such an official will be able to represent what they consider to be most important in all aspects, details, and maybe even some brave visions," Válková said. "If I have an opportunity to influence this, you certainly will have a Romani Commissioner."
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council on Roma Minority Affairs differ on whether Human Rights Commissioner should remain in office
- Czech Government adopts neutral position on bill to compensate women who were illegally sterilized
- Czech Human Rights Commissioner nominates former Culture Minister to Human Rights Council for organizing buyout of pig farm on Holocaust site
- Edita Stejskalová calls on Czech Govt to create the position of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
- Demolition of the defunct industrial pig farm at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic has begun, memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti is one step closer
- Photos and video from the symbolic demolition of the industrial pig farm on the site of the former concentration camp for Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- LIVE ONLINE 22 JULY: Grand launch of the demolition of the industrial pig farm at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Demolition of industrial pig farm located on the site of former WWII-era concentration camp for Roma to begin so Czech Republic can build new memorial
- PHOTO GALLERY: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic 2022
- Renata Berkyová at Lety u Písku: How is the current Romani society living in the Czech Republic to comprehend the open racism toward Romani refugees from Ukraine?
- President of Czech Senate says Lety commemorations are a call for people to treat minorities fairly
- LIVE BROADCAST SUNDAY: President of the Czech Senate to attend commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku
- Czech ex-lawmaker gets six months, suspended for one year, for his remark about the WWII-era concentration camp for Roma at Lety u Písku
- Annual commemoration at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, will honor the memory of the Jewish and Romani victims of Nazism on 8 May
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from man responsible for desecrating memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims at Lety
- Czech Govt raises minimum levels of income baselines for benefit calculations this month by 10 %, still less than actual inflation