Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner: I support the creation of a Government Commissioner for Romani Minority Affairs
Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner Helena Válková, speaking yesterday during the commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku, expressed support for the request of Romani people in the Czech Republic to establish the position of a Czech Government Commissioner for the Romani Minority during a speech in which, among other matters, she reminded the public that currently a new Roma Integration Strategy for 2021-2030 is being drafted. "I decidedly support the demands of the Romani minority for a Romani Commissioner to be included in the Strategy for 2021-2030," she said.
"Only such an official will be able to represent what they consider to be most important in all aspects, details, and maybe even some brave visions," Válková said. "If I have an opportunity to influence this, you certainly will have a Romani Commissioner."
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council on Roma Minority Affairs differ on whether Human Rights Commissioner should remain in office
- Czech Government adopts neutral position on bill to compensate women who were illegally sterilized
- Czech Human Rights Commissioner nominates former Culture Minister to Human Rights Council for organizing buyout of pig farm on Holocaust site
- Edita Stejskalová calls on Czech Govt to create the position of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
- Slovak Statistical Office: People can list two nationalities in census, which begins today online only
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner tells ROMEA TV ombudsman is wrong to say Roma not involved with Strategy, removal of his deputy from councils makes no sense
- Czech ombudsman removes his deputy from Govt councils after she disagrees with his official comments on the Roma Strategy
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner expects new Roma strategy to be adopted by the end of January
- Edita Stejskalová on resigning as a volunteer civil society member of the Czech Govt Roma Council: We should advise ministers, not lower-level officials
- Two more volunteer civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council resign, civil vice chair post currently empty
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Documentary on WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic screening TONIGHT ONLINE
- Zuzana Kumanová becomes the first Romani woman ever appointed to high office in Slovakia
- Gwendolyn Albert: "I believe the illegally sterilized women will be compensated"
- Miroslav Klempár: I do not believe the European Commission's new 10-year plan to support Roma will apply to the Czech Republic!
- Czech library to exhibit all designs submitted for the future Lety u Písku Memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti