Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner: I support the creation of a Government Commissioner for Romani Minority Affairs
Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner Helena Válková, speaking yesterday during the commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku, expressed support for the request of Romani people in the Czech Republic to establish the position of a Czech Government Commissioner for the Romani Minority during a speech in which, among other matters, she reminded the public that currently a new Roma Integration Strategy for 2021-2030 is being drafted. "I decidedly support the demands of the Romani minority for a Romani Commissioner to be included in the Strategy for 2021-2030," she said.
"Only such an official will be able to represent what they consider to be most important in all aspects, details, and maybe even some brave visions," Válková said. "If I have an opportunity to influence this, you certainly will have a Romani Commissioner."
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council on Roma Minority Affairs differ on whether Human Rights Commissioner should remain in office
- Czech Government adopts neutral position on bill to compensate women who were illegally sterilized
- Czech Human Rights Commissioner nominates former Culture Minister to Human Rights Council for organizing buyout of pig farm on Holocaust site
- Edita Stejskalová calls on Czech Govt to create the position of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Documentary on WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic screening TONIGHT ONLINE
- Zuzana Kumanová becomes the first Romani woman ever appointed to high office in Slovakia
- Gwendolyn Albert: "I believe the illegally sterilized women will be compensated"
- Miroslav Klempár: I do not believe the European Commission's new 10-year plan to support Roma will apply to the Czech Republic!
- Czech library to exhibit all designs submitted for the future Lety u Písku Memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti
- Czech demolition of pig farm on former WWII-era concentration camp for Roma delayed one year, future new memorial said to be unaffected
- VIDEO: Commemoration at former concentration camp in Czech Republic remembers Romani victims of Auschwitz, Human Rights Commissioner expresses support for a Romani Commissioner
- LIVE BROADCAST Sunday at noon CET: European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day commemoration at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Czech website on the Holocaust launches database of victims labeled "cikáni" by the Nazis and their accomplices
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity to Gwendolyn Albert
- Winning design for new memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti in the Czech Republic features enormous circle at the site of the former concentration camp