Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion introduces itself to Romani coordinators in South Moravia
Representatives of the Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion attended last week's meeting of Romani advisers from communities throughout the South Moravian Region in order to introduce the opportunities for support that the Agency is able to offer to local governments. The representatives illustrated their activity using specific cases of localities already collaborating with the Agency.
"To introduce the localities where we are working we chose Brno and Břeclav, which are the only two cities in the South Moravian Region where the Agency has already been providing comprehensive, intensive support for several years now. In both cities the Agency is currently already implementing projects that arose within the framework of the Coordinated Approach to Socially Excluded Localities and those projects are succeeding rather well," the Agency's Brno-based local consultant Zdeňka Slámová explained the purpose of the meeting.
"We would like to offer our cooperation to other municipalities that would like to actively take an interest in subjects such as, for example, housing, employment, education, safety, debt and other matters, but frequently do not know how to effectively address problems in those areas," she said. Collaboration with the Agency is not restricted just to municipalities already grappling with the existence of an excluded locality on their territory.
According to Agency representatives, it is important that municipalities of all sizes know about the possible expert support that exists, including those that frequently may be addressing just one of the above-mentioned subjects, or those that want to be prepared to know how to actively respond in time to new problems that could arise. "It is clear to us that the Romani advisers, in their positions as bureaucrats, are not able to decide about any eventual cooperation between the Agency and a municipality, but they can offer the local political representation their own specific knowledge of existing problems and contacts to those who can aid with resolving them," commented Markéta Chkheidze, a local intervention methodological support person with the Agency.
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion: 80 % of families who left residential hotels for standard rentals still renting one year later
- Czech city with homeless evictees refused Govt Agency for Social Inclusion help, some local Roma petitioned against it
- Romani community member David Beňák now director of the Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
- LIVE BROADCAST: EU Fundamental Rights Agency publishes findings on discrimination of minorities in the EU
- Czech Government "takes note" of Agency for Social Inclusion report on 2016
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says "training" apartments and jobs will help second-largest city
- Czech nonprofit real estate agency helps people facing discrimination find housing
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion director says both housing and social workers necessary to social housing
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says amendments to consumer loan law will help combat exclusion
- Czech NGO whose head spreads hatred against Muslims and refugees will continue to work with Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion begins work with mayor who keeps attacking Roma
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion reviews local group working with Romani children after its head attacks the HateFree Culture initiative
- Czech real estate agency fined for refusing to lease to Roma
- Academic Huub van Baar has found Romani people succeed on the labor market when given a chance
- Czech city declares its entire territory a ghetto for harsh housing benefit restrictions - which don't deliver
- International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
- Czech city synonymous with ethnic segregation sets up "Committee to Map and Eliminate Negative Social Phenomena"
- Norway: Oslo City Council wants to ask Government for a memorial to Holocaust victims of Romani origin
- Scholars gather in Czech capital to discuss migrations and mobilities of Romani people
- Slovak bus company caught on video repeatedly denying some Romani passengers service
- On the 50th anniversary of Czechoslovakia's short-lived Union of Gypsies-Roma, community members recall its hopes
- Czech Government has not yet decided whether to move Agency for Social Inclusion to Regional Development Ministry
- Czech Government decides today on moving Agency for Social Inclusion to the Regional Development Ministry
- Czech institute says city's hope of state investment into "container" housing may be in vain
- Czech town sees its first-ever Romani music festival