Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion introduces itself to Romani coordinators in South Moravia
Representatives of the Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion attended last week's meeting of Romani advisers from communities throughout the South Moravian Region in order to introduce the opportunities for support that the Agency is able to offer to local governments. The representatives illustrated their activity using specific cases of localities already collaborating with the Agency.
"To introduce the localities where we are working we chose Brno and Břeclav, which are the only two cities in the South Moravian Region where the Agency has already been providing comprehensive, intensive support for several years now. In both cities the Agency is currently already implementing projects that arose within the framework of the Coordinated Approach to Socially Excluded Localities and those projects are succeeding rather well," the Agency's Brno-based local consultant Zdeňka Slámová explained the purpose of the meeting.
"We would like to offer our cooperation to other municipalities that would like to actively take an interest in subjects such as, for example, housing, employment, education, safety, debt and other matters, but frequently do not know how to effectively address problems in those areas," she said. Collaboration with the Agency is not restricted just to municipalities already grappling with the existence of an excluded locality on their territory.
According to Agency representatives, it is important that municipalities of all sizes know about the possible expert support that exists, including those that frequently may be addressing just one of the above-mentioned subjects, or those that want to be prepared to know how to actively respond in time to new problems that could arise. "It is clear to us that the Romani advisers, in their positions as bureaucrats, are not able to decide about any eventual cooperation between the Agency and a municipality, but they can offer the local political representation their own specific knowledge of existing problems and contacts to those who can aid with resolving them," commented Markéta Chkheidze, a local intervention methodological support person with the Agency.
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion: 80 % of families who left residential hotels for standard rentals still renting one year later
- Czech city with homeless evictees refused Govt Agency for Social Inclusion help, some local Roma petitioned against it
- Romani community member David Beňák now director of the Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
- LIVE BROADCAST: EU Fundamental Rights Agency publishes findings on discrimination of minorities in the EU
- Czech Government "takes note" of Agency for Social Inclusion report on 2016
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says "training" apartments and jobs will help second-largest city
- Czech nonprofit real estate agency helps people facing discrimination find housing
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion director says both housing and social workers necessary to social housing
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion says amendments to consumer loan law will help combat exclusion
- Czech NGO whose head spreads hatred against Muslims and refugees will continue to work with Govt Agency for Social Inclusion
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion begins work with mayor who keeps attacking Roma
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion reviews local group working with Romani children after its head attacks the HateFree Culture initiative
- Czech real estate agency fined for refusing to lease to Roma
- Czech city backtracks on scope of plan to house homeless, cutting the units to be offered by half
- 1 May march by Czech neo-Nazis was dispersed and torches were put out, but antisemitic abuse was expressed
- Czech city of Brno to see counter-protests against neo-Nazis again this year
- VIDEO: March of Proud Roma begins International Romani Day celebrations
- EU-funded project promoting health literacy in socially excluded communities of the Czech Republic
- Czech MP with extreme-right group is evicting Roma onto the street
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion criticizes housing benefit-free zones
- Czech Govt will not draft social housing law or anti-poverty measures
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion distances itself from group led by candidate for party using racist slogan
- Czech candidate for party that used racist slogan now works for new group aiding Roma
- Czech Police release video footage to find assailants of foreign national in Brno
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support housing benefit-free zones in Liberec