Czech govt ODS politicians sign petition supported by extremists
Several Czech senior ruling Civic Democrat (ODS) politicians have signed a petition defending "traditional values" among whose signatories some extreme right-wingers figure, the daily Denik has reported.
The petition calls for the defence of values as the nation, family and the traditional division of roles between men and women.
The ODS signatories reject any connection with the extreme right. They said they signed the petition as they agreed with its contents and that they had no idea who had prepared and signed it.
Among the signatories are ODS MPs Petr Pleva, Eva Dundackova, Alena Paralova, Juraj Raninc, Josef Jezek, Zdenek Prosek and ODS senator Karel Tejnora.
The petition, released on the National Press Agency website, has also been signed by representatives of the Law and Justice movement and the Patriotic Front association that the BIS counter-intelligence service mentioned among extremist nationalist up to xenophobic organisations in its 2006 annual report.
"I have nothing in common with the Czech ultra-right...I have signed the D.O.S.T. petition since I feel sympathies for the values it refers to and I have found nothing harmful in it," Dundackova told CTK, adding she received the petition by mail and did not know who was among its signatories.
The petition, among others, warns against the "anti-discriminatory agenda," allegedly spread from the EU ideology, rejects the "dismantling" of the traditional family based on marriage between man and woman, and "sexless" society that disrespects differences between both genders.
Dundackova pointed out that she, for instance, immensely minds the abolition of the directive banning women's work in mines, in connection with the EU-demanded anti-discriminatory law.
- Czech MP publishes collage comparing vaccinations against COVID-19 to the Holocaust and using imagery of the gate at Auschwitz
- Czech churches condemn those wearing yellow Stars of David at anti-vaxxer events, call on them to apologize
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities: Yellow Star of David at Prague demonstration is textbook abuse and relativization of a Holocaust symbol
- Czech capital sees demonstration in support of Trump and against COVID-19 pandemic suppression measures by the same extremists who march against the Roma
- USA: Holocaust deniers, neo-Nazis, QAnon followers and racist supporters of white supremacy attacked Congress to support Trump
- USA: Extremist supporters of Trump attack Capitol building, disrupt joint session of Congress, four dead, media and world leaders call it an attack on democracy
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- German court sentences terrorist who attacked Halle synagogue last year to life in prison
- Czech ultra-right oppose vaccinations against COVID-19 with antisemitic caricature
- In the V-4, COVID-19 pandemic exploited for ultra-right hoaxes, calls for authoritarianism
- Czech protest against COVID-19 response brings together the far-right, those against the PM, those against the opposition, xenophobes - and punks
- Czech and Slovak-language disinformation about COVID-19: Lies about testing, facemasks and Bill Gates