Czech Health and Labor ministers visit infamous housing estate with MPs
Today the Health Committee and the Social Policy Committee of the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic held a joint session that involved traveling to the northern Bohemian town of Most. The city has recently become the setting for a comedy series on Czech Television that has a high viewership.
The joint session was also attended by Czech Labor and Social Affairs Minister Jana Maláčová and Czech Health Minister Adam Vojtěch. The program included a tour of the infamous Chanov housing estate, which has long been known as a socially excluded locality mostly inhabited by Romani people, and a visit to a regional institution providing care to newborns whose parents cannot care for them.
- Disinformation servers allege Czechs depicted as "white trash" in new comedy series
- Yet another Czech city announces its entire territory to be a housing benefit-free zone
- Czech Govt will not draft social housing law or anti-poverty measures
- Absurd hoax continues to spread that Roma NGOs want Czech Television series cancelled
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support housing benefit-free zones in Liberec
- New comedy series on Czech public television to feature crude humor, racist remarks and vulgar language
- Yet another Czech town bans housing benefits, opposition politician and Romani NGO object
- Romani social worker on growing up at the Chanov housing estate in the Czech Republic
- Czech Republic: New project supports high school education among residents of Chanov housing estate
- Czech Republic: Neo-Nazis outnumbered by counter-protesters at Chanov housing estate by two to one
- Czech Republic: Catholic clergy send words of support to Romani residents of Chanov housing estate
- Czech Police charge assailant from Chanov housing estate with grievous bodily harm
- Czech SocDem chair threatens to bring down Govt if ultranationalist nominee appointed to Czech News Agency board
- Czech politician appeals sentence for his hateful remarks about minorities
- Czech Pirate Party starting new approach to social inclusion of Roma in northern town
- Czech lower house rejects controversial candidate for Deputy Public Defender of Rights
- Čeněk Růžička on lower house refusing to strip MP of immunity for remarks denying the Holocaust of the Roma: They're playing with fire
- Czech lower house decides not to strip MP of immunity over his remarks denying the Holocaust of the Roma
- Czech civil society urges MPs not to elect President's nominee for Deputy Public Defender of Rights
- Czech lower house committee does not recommend stripping MP of immunity over denying the Holocaust of the Roma
- Czech Labor Minister for ROMEA TV: Government as a whole is responsible for addressing social exclusion
- Romafuturismo Library moves to northern Czech town of Most with new name: The Josef Serinek Library
- Czech racist featured in German TV report says Romani people's "genetic code" must be "destroyed"
- Czech prosecutor reviewing local election slogan referencing "pests" and "poison"