Czech Human Rights Minister says Agency director removed over public tender errors
Czech Minister for Human Rights, Equal Opportunities and Legislation Jiří Dienstbier held a special press conference today at which he said that Martin Šimáček has been removed from his post as director of the Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion because he made administrative errors in public tenders and the concluding of contracts. Dienstbier said another reason for the removal was that Šimáček had refused to discuss the reorganization of the Human Rights Section at the Office of the Government, where the Agency is located, with his superior, Deputy Minister Martina Štěpánková.
"Misconduct was repeatedly discovered in that area. The final straw was a contract worth CZK 5 million [EUR 182 000] for the purchase of television airtime which the director signed even though he knew he need the prior consent of the Government," Dienstbier said.
According to the minister, this was not an isolated case - Šimáček allegedly illegally signed addenda to several contracts as well. The Agency has been fined more than CZK 700 000 [EUR 25 500] by the finance authority for violating budgetary discipline.
The minister said yet another reason for Šimáček's removal was the fact that he refused to discuss the planned reorganization of his office with his superior. "To proceed that way in relation to a direct superior who wanted to discuss how an eventual reorganization might take place in order to enhance the activity is inappropriate, to put it mildly," he said.
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion renews work in 10 locations
- Czech Deputy Human Rights Minister says changes will make Agency even stronger
- Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion staff protest removal of director
- Will the Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion survive its director's departure?
- Czech Republic: Romani figures respond to removal of director of Agency for Social Inclusion
- Former director of Czech Gov't Agency for Social Inclusion says its future is uncertain
- Czech Human Rights Minister removes director of Agency for Social Inclusion
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion praises town for using EU funds to create social housing
- Michal Miko: Czech ministries are boycotting experts' attempts to introduce social housing
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion publishes analysis of segregation in primary schools
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion objects to disinformation published about its proposals for infamous housing estate
- Czech Government has not yet decided whether to move Agency for Social Inclusion to Regional Development Ministry
- Czech Government decides today on moving Agency for Social Inclusion to the Regional Development Ministry
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support new investment into infamous housing estate properties
- EU-funded project promoting health literacy in socially excluded communities of the Czech Republic
- Czech Government Agency for Social Inclusion criticizes housing benefit-free zones
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion distances itself from group led by candidate for party using racist slogan
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion does not support housing benefit-free zones in Liberec
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion introduces itself to Romani coordinators in South Moravia