Czech Human Rights Minister says he will shop at Lidl after racists criticize its use of a black model
Czech Human Rights Minister Jan Chvojka has expressed support through his Facebook profile for the Lidl chain of stores after a wave of hateful, racist reactions arose online in response to Lidl's use of a black male model to advertise their sports clothing collection. "I have decided to buy some new sports clothes at Lidl Czech Republic. Normally I don't follow flier events, but this time the advertisement rather caught my attention. :-) If I practice, maybe I'll run like Usain Bolt someday," the minister posted to his profile.
The chain has made it very clear to the "haters" writing to them through online social media that their racism has no chance of success. Many other people have posted online in support of the business.
- Czech court sentences Romani man to prison for racist abuse while mourning a relative's death
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Emilie Horáčková calls on Czech PM and EU Justice Commissioner to focus on anti-Romani racism
- Patrik Banga: We Roma must not lower ourselves to the racists' level! Racism and threats are what we criticize
- France: Black youth dies in police custody, sparking riot, media wrongly attributes violence to Islamism
- Survey shows Czechs are the least tolerant in EU toward blacks, Buddhists, Muslims, Roma
- Czech MP holds hate rally with nooses for "traitors" warning of "hordes of horny blacks"
- Do the Czech courts believe "black swine" is not a racist insult?
- Monika Mihaličková: Silence is consent
- USA: Passer-by calls police on black man babysitting white children
- Czech Internet users celebrate the deaths of migrant children in Turkey
- Czech ultra-nationalist party joins local assembly in the country's second-largest city
- ROMEA to Czech President: Romani life in communist Czechoslovakia included forced assimilation, forced sterilization of women, segregated education
- Czech sociologist refutes President's allegations about Romani unemployment, agrees with ROMEA
- Czech President insults Romani people yet again after casting his ballot
- ROMEA: Czech President has manipulated facts yet again - we can prove 70 % of Romani people in this country work
- Czech extremist party's campaign rally in Prague legally blocked by counter-event
- USA: Four racists arrested over last year's violence in Charlottesville
- Czech school targeted with hate over its non-white first-graders last year receives donation of laptop computers
- Czech President alleges Romani people "don't want to work" and that "slapping them" is the best way to deal with them
Tags:Jan Chvojka, Podpora, Racism, Xenophobia
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.