Czech Human Rights Minister says he will shop at Lidl after racists criticize its use of a black model
Czech Human Rights Minister Jan Chvojka has expressed support through his Facebook profile for the Lidl chain of stores after a wave of hateful, racist reactions arose online in response to Lidl's use of a black male model to advertise their sports clothing collection. "I have decided to buy some new sports clothes at Lidl Czech Republic. Normally I don't follow flier events, but this time the advertisement rather caught my attention. :-) If I practice, maybe I'll run like Usain Bolt someday," the minister posted to his profile.
The chain has made it very clear to the "haters" writing to them through online social media that their racism has no chance of success. Many other people have posted online in support of the business.
- Czech court sentences Romani man to prison for racist abuse while mourning a relative's death
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Emilie Horáčková calls on Czech PM and EU Justice Commissioner to focus on anti-Romani racism
- Patrik Banga: We Roma must not lower ourselves to the racists' level! Racism and threats are what we criticize
- France: Black youth dies in police custody, sparking riot, media wrongly attributes violence to Islamism
- Survey shows Czechs are the least tolerant in EU toward blacks, Buddhists, Muslims, Roma
- Czech MP holds hate rally with nooses for "traitors" warning of "hordes of horny blacks"
- Do the Czech courts believe "black swine" is not a racist insult?
- Ukraine: Third arson attack against Roma in a month, firearms also used against 7 adults, 30+ children
- Czech trial of shooting at Romani music camp hears testimony about shooter's verbal abuse as well
- Czech prosecutors announce first indictment in case of online hate speech against first-graders
- MEP Soraya Post for ROMEA TV: Antigypsyism exists everywhere in Europe
- Ukraine: Video of pogrom against Roma shows neo-Nazis chasing children, throwing rocks at them and using tear gas
- Czech singer gets married on Hitler's birthday at a chateau where the SS were headquartered
- Germany: 750 neo-Nazis celebrate Hitler's birthday, police confiscate their materials
- VIDEO: First-instance verdict in the Chomutov shooting case - 12.5 years
- BREAKING NEWS: Czech shooter of Romani man gets 12.5 years in prison
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Slovak appeals court confirms that town discriminated against Romani woman and must compensate her
- Vojtěch Pačan: The gadje turned out in person for the Prague demonstration, but Romani people only express their criticism on Facebook
Tags:Jan Chvojka, Podpora, Racism, Xenophobia
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.