Czech LGBT festival to feature Romani evening
On Friday, 15 August, an evening called "Hot Chocolate" will take place as part of the Prague Pride festival, focusing on the issue of LGBT people in the Romani community. The event will offer an exhibition of photographs, music, a debate, fortune-telling and a counseling center.
An exhibition of photographs created by those who attended the world's first-ever Romani LGBT workshop will be available for viewing. There will also be art photography on the theme of personal identity curated by Lukáš Houdek.
After a reading and film screening there will be a discussion with Kristián Horváth about transsexuality in a Romani family. There will also be fortune-telling, a counseling center, and a beauty corner (with a hair stylist, manicurist and skin care advisor).
The launch of the publication "Hot Chocolate" will also be celebrated. The musical portion of the evening will feature performances by Jan Bendig, Pavlína Matiová, Erika Fečová and Martin Fečo, Pavlína Danková, Jitka Matiová and DJ eMjAy.
The evening will be moderated by Tomáš Bystrý and Marie Brendzová. The event is a production of the ARA ART o.s. organization.
When: 15 August at 18:00
Where: Experimentální prostor NoD, Dlouhá 33, Praha 1
- Prague Pride 2014 offers 100+ events and support for the LGBT community in Eastern Europe
- Commentary: LGBT people of all races, unite!
- Czech Republic: Romani LGBT people denied entry to nightclub
- MEPs agree greater protections for LGBTI rights
- Ultraconservatives, right-wing extremists prepare to oppose Prague Pride
- Prague Pride to focus on LGBT members of Romani community
- Commentary by Romani LGBT activist David Tišer on "homosexual prostitution"
- Emotions and pride at the Prague Pride Parade
- Who doesn't like Prague Pride?
- Czech Police expect Prague Pride parade to go smoothly
- Czech President defends critique of Prague Mayor over Gay Pride Parade
- Prague's first-ever Gay Pride Parade and Festival of Tolerance scheduled for first half of August
- Czech court rules activists did not enrich themselves by using abandoned building, state may go to Supreme Court
- Romani entrepreneurs push for unemployed Roma, not foreigners, to be hired for Czech bark beetle eradication
- Czech children's home turns Prague streets into summer camp, complete with parcour, this Thursday
- LIVE BROADCAST: Disgraced adviser to US President debates Democratic Party supporter in Prague
- Museum of the Romani National Revival to open with "A Century of Roma in Czechoslovakia" exhibit
- Prague celebrations of International Romani Day end today with gala
- Czech football fans who assaulted African man on Prague tram have not been banned from matches
- Czech Greens call on Prague Vice-Mayor to stop sharing racist video
- David Tišer, candidate for Czech lower house: Roma interests can only be guaranteed by sitting in Parliament
- Czech extremists abuse LGBT pride march in town of Plzeň but fail to block it
- Czech Police arrest man for firing gas pistol while shouting about "Gypsies"
- Czech Republic: Assembly to honor the victim of the neo-Nazi terror attack in the USA
Tags:Lgbt, Prague Pride, Praha, Výstava
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.