Czech LGBT festival to feature Romani evening
On Friday, 15 August, an evening called "Hot Chocolate" will take place as part of the Prague Pride festival, focusing on the issue of LGBT people in the Romani community. The event will offer an exhibition of photographs, music, a debate, fortune-telling and a counseling center.
An exhibition of photographs created by those who attended the world's first-ever Romani LGBT workshop will be available for viewing. There will also be art photography on the theme of personal identity curated by Lukáš Houdek.
After a reading and film screening there will be a discussion with Kristián Horváth about transsexuality in a Romani family. There will also be fortune-telling, a counseling center, and a beauty corner (with a hair stylist, manicurist and skin care advisor).
The launch of the publication "Hot Chocolate" will also be celebrated. The musical portion of the evening will feature performances by Jan Bendig, Pavlína Matiová, Erika Fečová and Martin Fečo, Pavlína Danková, Jitka Matiová and DJ eMjAy.
The evening will be moderated by Tomáš Bystrý and Marie Brendzová. The event is a production of the ARA ART o.s. organization.
When: 15 August at 18:00
Where: Experimentální prostor NoD, Dlouhá 33, Praha 1
- Prague Pride 2014 offers 100+ events and support for the LGBT community in Eastern Europe
- Commentary: LGBT people of all races, unite!
- Czech Republic: Romani LGBT people denied entry to nightclub
- Ultraconservatives, right-wing extremists prepare to oppose Prague Pride
- Prague Pride to focus on LGBT members of Romani community
- Commentary by Romani LGBT activist David Tišer on "homosexual prostitution"
- Emotions and pride at the Prague Pride Parade
- Who doesn't like Prague Pride?
- Czech Police expect Prague Pride parade to go smoothly
- Czech President defends critique of Prague Mayor over Gay Pride Parade
- Prague's first-ever Gay Pride Parade and Festival of Tolerance scheduled for first half of August
- VIDEO: Czech Police prevent neo-Nazis from assaulting Prague Pride participants
- Prague City Council disagrees with Czech bill to consolidate two housing benefits into one
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- Romani celebrity Radek Banga tells 300 000 demonstrators in the Czech capital: This is not just a handful of people!
- Czech ceremony commemorates heroic deaths of the Czechoslovak paratroopers who assassinated Nazi official
- Report from Prague's anti-EU demonstration: The little guys on all sides
- Slovakia has elected its first female President - Čaputová thanks voters in Romanes again
- Czech university sponsors art project referencing opponent of Hitler in town known for its intolerance
- Czech Republic: Museum of Romani Culture announces photography competition
- Grand opening of "slow fashion" shop in Prague will be broadcast live online by ROMEA 25 October
- Czech court rules activists did not enrich themselves by using abandoned building, state may go to Supreme Court
- Romani entrepreneurs push for unemployed Roma, not foreigners, to be hired for Czech bark beetle eradication