Czech military intelligence: Extremists' Islamophobic declarations legitimize the ideology of radical Islamists
The wave of Islamophobia that spread during the refugee crisis has influenced the radicalization of Muslims in Europe. Czech Military Intelligence (Vojenské zpravodajství - VZ) makes that assertion in its annual report for 2016.
The military notes that extremist political parties' Islamophobic declarations legitimize the ideology of radical Islamists who point to them as evidence that majority societies discriminate against them. According to the VZ, in 2016 the number of radical Muslims in Europe supported by states from the Persian Gulf increased.
"Given the open Schengen zone and the supranational ties of radical Muslims across Europe, this state of affairs represents a potential threat for the Czech Republic in the medium and long term," asserts the intelligence service. Analysts assess as serious the repeated "primitive assaults" committed with the use of vehicles against civilians, but also called terrorists' ability to design complex, difficult attacks far more dangerous.
Last year the VZ did not record any information about the threat of a terrorist attack against interests connected with securing the defense of the territory of the Czech Republic. The increased risk does apply to Czech soldiers deployed in some Muslim countries, however.
In 2016 the number of foreign fighters from the so-called Islamic State who returned to Europe increased. "The wave of Islamophobia that spread during the refugee crisis in 2015 is also having an influence on the radicalization of Muslims in Europe," Czech intelligence analysts report.
The Czech military also reports that this wave is being ridden by extremist political parties who, through their Islamophobic declarations, are legitimizing the ideology of radical Islamists, who reference such statements as proof that majority societies in Europe have always discriminated against them. "The disproportionate political reactions of some states may indirectly increase the number of radicalized Muslims in Europe," the VZ reports.
- Czech anti-Islam movement figures experience some social exclusion of their own
- Son of former Czech President disseminates photo online with misleading Islamophobic commentary
- Czech court overturns acquittal in radical Islamic book distribution case
- HOAX: Video from Prague spreads through Facebook alleging "Islamic refugees" were caught trying to rape a girl
- Analysis: Czech media spread Islamophobic disinformation about court-ordered removal of Virgin Mary statue in France
- Facebook renews original page for "We Don't Want Islam in the Czech Republic" with 160 000 fans
- Czech Islamophobes have a problem: Konvička has quit yet another political party and Facebook has closed their hate page
- Supporters of Czech President march through Prague chanting slogans against Islam, their opponents force them to re-route
- Czech Republic: Islamophobes demonstrate in four towns with ultra-nationalist party
- Czech court acquits defendant of disseminating radical Islamic book
- Czech Republic: Opponents of the EU, Islam, Merkel and refugee reception demonstrate in Prague
- Czech officials disperse assembly for disparaging Islam
- German Chancellor: Islamist terrorism not the fault of asylum-seekers
- Czech celebrity's music video against Islam earns ridicule, but at what cost?
- Czech Interior Ministry not allowing party to add "Bloc against Islam" to its name
- Blog administrator at Czech daily gets death threats after shutting down "Bloc against Islam" bloggers
- Czech singer gets married on Hitler's birthday at a chateau where the SS were headquartered
- ERIAC hosts International Cultural Outreach Program in 7 cities to showcase their activities
- ROMACT: EU initiative to help Roma with support from local authorities
- Germany: 750 neo-Nazis celebrate Hitler's birthday, police confiscate their materials
- Czech President pushing Czech PM into Government with right-wing extremists
- TODAY!!! Romani people to demonstrate against racism on 17 March in Prague's Klárov Park
- Germany: Neo-Nazi terrorists get multiple-year sentences
- Czech terrorist allegedly a fanatical supporter of ultra-right party who has attacked Romani people in the past
- Stano Daniel: A message from Slovakia. First, words fall. Then people.
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
- Czech Interior Ministry's quarterly report on extremism: Politicians exploited fears of immigration
- Julius Zajac: Ascendancy of extremists and liars may augur a new kind of totalitarianism in the Czech Republic
Tags:Evropa, Extremism, Islamismus, Islámský stát, Islamophobia, Radikalizace
Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg will attend public discussion of the future memorial at Romani genocide site in Lety22.4.2018 10:31
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.