Czech MP Stanislav Huml shares Holocaust denial video online
The weekly Euro in the Czech Republic reports that Stanislav Huml, an MP for the Czech Social Democratic Party, has published a video denying the Holocaust to his Facebook profile. The video, which Huml called "brutal and [politically] incorrect" but "inspiring", is a sort of criticism of the "ethnomasochism" of Western civilization, defined as a feeling of guilt for the historical injustices of colonialism, slavery, etc., including what the video terms the "alleged" Holocaust.
The producers of the video say they refuse to accept the blame for this history. They call on Europe to "stop apologizing" for its previous actions.
What's more, the video says the Jews are "to blame" for the Holocaust, not that they were its victims. Huml said that it is not essential to him that the Iron Dawn YouTube channel, from which he shared the video, has also posted video footage of NSDAP conventions, footage of the occupation of Ukraine by the Nazis, or videos promoting the "healthy lifestyle" of the Nazi Third Reich.
"I don't concern myself with those details," Huml said in response to an query from a reporter with Euro. "The video has an actual basis in history extending back to the 15th century."
The MP then added this note to his Facebook post: "P.S. for journalists - I actually do not approve of the Holocaust and I do not see it being approved of in the context of this video either." The video, published online on 9 August, was ultimately removed from the MP's public profile.
- Parliamentarians of Europe get involved to prevent genocide and mass atrocities and to fight against genocide denial
- European Court of Human Rights: Freedom of speech does not include Holocaust denial
- Activists lament Czech Police response to MP's denial of Romani genocide
- Commentary: Freedom of speech vs. Holocaust denial
- Czech Republic: More charges to be filed against MP for Roma Holocaust denial
- Czech MPs who ran on Okamura's candidate list now protesting his Romani Holocaust denial
- Civil society members of Czech Gov't Commission on Roma Community remind MP that Holocaust denial is criminal
- Czech Supreme Court upholds Stwora's sentence for Holocaust denial
- Czech Police charge activist Jan Šinágl with genocide denial
- French Government must draft new bill on genocide denial
- Man convicted of Holocaust denial in the Czech Republic for web content on US server
- Czech PM warns against Holocaust denial
- Czech Foreign Minister: Denial of communist crimes like denial of Nazi crimes
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Contemporary research of the Holocaust, Romani victims, and their public commemoration
- The Romani Uprising in Auschwitz, 16 May 1944
- Czech state is now the official owner of the former pig farm at Lety on the Romani genocide site
- Czech Republic: Permission sought from Prostějov to install stones marking Holocaust victims
- Czech Republic: Pigs finally leave Romani genocide site
- Czech MPs refuse to approve program of extraordinary session to remove vice-chair accused of denying the Romani Holocaust
- Czech PM to attend commemorative ceremony to honor Holocaust victims who are Romani
- Czech Republic: Mayor of Brno joins march against denial of the Holocaust of the Roma
- Norway Grants to partially finance memorial to Romani genocide victims in Czech Republic
- March against Roma Holocaust denial and for removing vice-chair of Czech lower house THIS THURSDAY IN BRNO
- Czech Christian Democrats want to remove Holocaust doubter from vice-chair post in the lower house
- Czech Parliament marks International Holocaust Memorial Day with Romani speaker
Tags:Facebook, Holocaust, Poslanecká sněmovna, Radikalizace
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.