Czech MP Stanislav Huml shares Holocaust denial video online
The weekly Euro in the Czech Republic reports that Stanislav Huml, an MP for the Czech Social Democratic Party, has published a video denying the Holocaust to his Facebook profile. The video, which Huml called "brutal and [politically] incorrect" but "inspiring", is a sort of criticism of the "ethnomasochism" of Western civilization, defined as a feeling of guilt for the historical injustices of colonialism, slavery, etc., including what the video terms the "alleged" Holocaust.
The producers of the video say they refuse to accept the blame for this history. They call on Europe to "stop apologizing" for its previous actions.
What's more, the video says the Jews are "to blame" for the Holocaust, not that they were its victims. Huml said that it is not essential to him that the Iron Dawn YouTube channel, from which he shared the video, has also posted video footage of NSDAP conventions, footage of the occupation of Ukraine by the Nazis, or videos promoting the "healthy lifestyle" of the Nazi Third Reich.
"I don't concern myself with those details," Huml said in response to an query from a reporter with Euro. "The video has an actual basis in history extending back to the 15th century."
The MP then added this note to his Facebook post: "P.S. for journalists - I actually do not approve of the Holocaust and I do not see it being approved of in the context of this video either." The video, published online on 9 August, was ultimately removed from the MP's public profile.
- Parliamentarians of Europe get involved to prevent genocide and mass atrocities and to fight against genocide denial
- European Court of Human Rights: Freedom of speech does not include Holocaust denial
- Activists lament Czech Police response to MP's denial of Romani genocide
- Commentary: Freedom of speech vs. Holocaust denial
- Czech Republic: More charges to be filed against MP for Roma Holocaust denial
- Czech MPs who ran on Okamura's candidate list now protesting his Romani Holocaust denial
- Civil society members of Czech Gov't Commission on Roma Community remind MP that Holocaust denial is criminal
- Czech Supreme Court upholds Stwora's sentence for Holocaust denial
- Czech Police charge activist Jan Šinágl with genocide denial
- French Government must draft new bill on genocide denial
- Man convicted of Holocaust denial in the Czech Republic for web content on US server
- Czech PM warns against Holocaust denial
- Czech Foreign Minister: Denial of communist crimes like denial of Nazi crimes
- Poland: Vandals deface Holocaust memorials in multiple locations, disrupt Jewish festival
- Czech SocDem chair threatens to bring down Govt if ultranationalist nominee appointed to Czech News Agency board
- Czech politician appeals sentence for his hateful remarks about minorities
- The Romani Uprising in Auschwitz, 16 May 1944
- LIVE AT NOON TODAY: Commemoration at the former concentration camp for Roma in Lety, Czech Republic
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity in memoriam to Dr Alfred Bader
- Facebook adopts new measures to combat dissemination of disinformation
- Czech lower house rejects controversial candidate for Deputy Public Defender of Rights
- Čeněk Růžička on lower house refusing to strip MP of immunity for remarks denying the Holocaust of the Roma: They're playing with fire
- Czech lower house decides not to strip MP of immunity over his remarks denying the Holocaust of the Roma
- Czech civil society urges MPs not to elect President's nominee for Deputy Public Defender of Rights
- Czech lower house committee does not recommend stripping MP of immunity over denying the Holocaust of the Roma