Czech National Party may be dissolved - Interior Minister
The National Party (NS) may be dissolved in the future, Czech Interior Minister Ivan Langer (the Civic Democratic Party, ODS) told the public broadcaster Czech Television today.
"At the moment I am firmly convinced that the last straw broke the camel's back, the relevant legal steps toward its existence will be taken," Langer said.
Langer said NS members moved "cunningly" on the brink of law.
"They know very well what they can do and what not, where the limits are and they are very cautious," Langer said.
Langer reacted to the attacks by about 150 activists of the NS and further far-right groupings on a large march of gays in Brno on Saturday.
Some of the militants threw crackers and tear gas at the participants in the march.
The police have arrested 15 of them and brought breach of the peace charges against two of them.
Preaching "law and order," NS followers have adopted an aggressive stand against foreigners and Romanies. The party has established the para-military National Guard.
- Russian social network blocks "Miss Hitler" beauty contest after Israeli media contact
- Czech court hears accused assailants of African man deny they racially abused him in any way
- Tomáš Ščuka: We may disagree with him, but Romani candidate for extremist party is entitled to his opinions
- Czech Police charge right-wing extremists who assaulted citizens of India
- Local Prague candidate seems to have given Nazi salute at demonstration, extremist party she is running for disavows her
- Slovakia: Chair of neo-Nazi party indicted for using Nazi symbols on checks
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- German Police find right-wing extremists' list of 25 000 "enemies"
- Italy: Moroccan beaten to death, athlete of Nigerian origin attacked as fascists in the Govt spread racism
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 16:00 in Prague: RomanoNet protests discrimination and racism against Roma in Europe, publishes manifesto Dost! Basta! Enough!
- LIVE BROADCAST: RomanoNet delivers protest manifesto to the Italian Embassy about Italy's racist measures against Roma
- In Prague and other European cities, Romani people and their allies to protest recent violence against Roma in Ukraine
Tags:Czech republic, Extremism, Neo-Nazism
videoRacists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz11.9.2018 7:54
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.