Czech National Party may be dissolved - Interior Minister
The National Party (NS) may be dissolved in the future, Czech Interior Minister Ivan Langer (the Civic Democratic Party, ODS) told the public broadcaster Czech Television today.
"At the moment I am firmly convinced that the last straw broke the camel's back, the relevant legal steps toward its existence will be taken," Langer said.
Langer said NS members moved "cunningly" on the brink of law.
"They know very well what they can do and what not, where the limits are and they are very cautious," Langer said.
Langer reacted to the attacks by about 150 activists of the NS and further far-right groupings on a large march of gays in Brno on Saturday.
Some of the militants threw crackers and tear gas at the participants in the march.
The police have arrested 15 of them and brought breach of the peace charges against two of them.
Preaching "law and order," NS followers have adopted an aggressive stand against foreigners and Romanies. The party has established the para-military National Guard.
- Czech mayor makes openly racist statement that her town just wants "white" refugees from Ukraine, not children and women of Romani origin
- Czech intelligence report on extremism mentions welfare chauvinist party as a populist, xenophobic entity once more, COVID-19 was the main focus of 2021
- Czech theater ensemble producing project about children's extremism and radicalization, "Commander"
- Czech Police charge bodybuilder for praising Russia's invasion of Ukraine and expressing desire for a war in which he could kill anybody
- Czech ex-lawmaker gets six months, suspended for one year, for his remark about the WWII-era concentration camp for Roma at Lety u Písku
- German court sentences 93-year-old Holocaust denier to a year behind bars, she may appeal
- Speaking of Nazis, the Donetsk leader of pro-Russian separatists honored a Russian soldier with Nazi symbols on his uniform for his role in Mariupol
- Slovak Supreme Court reduces politician's prison sentence for promoting neo-Nazism and paroles him, proceedings were disrupted by bomb threat
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from man responsible for desecrating memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims at Lety
- Czech Police investigate bodybuilder who made death threats against Roma for looking forward to "war in the Czech Republic"
- Czech extremist praises ombudsman for objecting to Ukrainian President Zelenskyy, deputy ombudswoman criticizes those objections
- The Times: Putin has sent mercenaries to Kyiv led by an admirer of the Nazis to murder Zelenskyy and the Klitschko brothers