Czech party functionary who called for murder of gays, Jews and Roma will no longer assist MP
News server Aktuálně.cz reports that the secretary of the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" movement of Tomio Okamura (SPD), Jaroslav Staník, is ending his work as assistant to MP Jaroslav Holík (SPD). However, the reason, according to Holík, is not Staník's recent xenophobic remarks at the lower house.
The MP has announced that Staník is leaving because he is overburdened in his role as party secretary. According to eyewitnesses, Staník called for the murder of minorities several weeks ago when he was drunk in one of the restaurant clubs at the Chamber of Deputies.
"He called for all homosexuals, Roma and Jews to be shot once they are born, " former Czech MP Marek Černoch (elected for the "Dawn" party) told the news server. "He said: 'You're that Minister Marxová-Engelsová, you support homosexuals!" Labor and Social Affairs Minister Michaela Marksová (Czech Social Democratic Party - ČSSD) told the news server.
Former Czech MP Martin Lank (also elected for the "Dawn" party) also said he had witnessed Staník's behavior. Holík, however, alleges that Staník never pronounced any "racist slogans".
Holík is insisting that Staník's departure from the job of assistant is unrelated to his behavior in the lower house. "Mr Staník is the secretary of our movement, he is working hard from morning till evening, he won't have time for the job of assistant," he told the news server.
- Crime report filed after Czech politician calls for murder of minorities
- Commentary: Czech politician takes photo with extremists who have records of racist violence
- Commentary: Czech politician calls police on American couple - because they're black
- Czech politician says aid to the needy should not be "based on ethnicity"
- Czech capital to see demonstration in support of Romani refugees from Ukraine calling for dignified conditions
- Tent city in Czech capital has not solved the situation of the Romani refugees from Ukraine, hundreds at main station, few with Hungarian passports
- Czech Health Minister: Room for Romani refugees from Ukraine has to be found outside of Prague
- Czech university distances itself from e-mail alleging increased security needed for dorm because of refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Caritas branch objects to Romani political party's critique of aid to Romani refugees from Ukraine, party stands by its allegations
- Jarmila Balážová: Condemnation of refugee Romani children and their mothers from Ukraine is unfair when their brothers, fathers and sons are fighting back at home!
- Prague Mayor tells Czech Govt that if refugees are not redistributed elsewhere in the country by Tuesday, he will close the assistance center
- VIDEO: Tents for Romani refugees from Ukraine were erected in the Czech capital in the Troja neighborhood
- Mayor of Prague says if the Czech state does not systematize the distribution of refugees it will close its aid center, tent city supposedly being built
- Commentary: Arrogant behavior of Czech Railways staff toward Romani refugees from Ukraine and absurd police proposals
- Romani nonprofits and civil society members of the Czech Govt Council on Roma Minority Affairs call on PM to hold a crisis meeting with them about aid to Romani Ukrainian refugees
- Czech Police seem to prevent Romani refugees from disembarking at station, but say they just informed them there is no accommodation available in the country's second-largest city