Czech party functionary who called for murder of gays, Jews and Roma will no longer assist MP
News server Aktuálně.cz reports that the secretary of the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" movement of Tomio Okamura (SPD), Jaroslav Staník, is ending his work as assistant to MP Jaroslav Holík (SPD). However, the reason, according to Holík, is not Staník's recent xenophobic remarks at the lower house.
The MP has announced that Staník is leaving because he is overburdened in his role as party secretary. According to eyewitnesses, Staník called for the murder of minorities several weeks ago when he was drunk in one of the restaurant clubs at the Chamber of Deputies.
"He called for all homosexuals, Roma and Jews to be shot once they are born, " former Czech MP Marek Černoch (elected for the "Dawn" party) told the news server. "He said: 'You're that Minister Marxová-Engelsová, you support homosexuals!" Labor and Social Affairs Minister Michaela Marksová (Czech Social Democratic Party - ČSSD) told the news server.
Former Czech MP Martin Lank (also elected for the "Dawn" party) also said he had witnessed Staník's behavior. Holík, however, alleges that Staník never pronounced any "racist slogans".
Holík is insisting that Staník's departure from the job of assistant is unrelated to his behavior in the lower house. "Mr Staník is the secretary of our movement, he is working hard from morning till evening, he won't have time for the job of assistant," he told the news server.
- Crime report filed after Czech politician calls for murder of minorities
- Commentary: Czech politician takes photo with extremists who have records of racist violence
- Commentary: Czech politician calls police on American couple - because they're black
- Czech politician says aid to the needy should not be "based on ethnicity"
- Czech lower house sees tussle over President's claims that "Black Lives Matter" is a "racist" slogan
- Czech Internet users fall for ultra-right disinformation parody - and instead of laughing, they lash out
- Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg: Mr President, you've committed another complete faux pas
- Czech President Zeman marks US Independence Day by calling Black Lives Matter "racist"
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Cyril Koky: I want to serve in the Czech Senate
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- Czech Pirate Party chair on Romani candidates: We're not addressing a "Romani issue", we're addressing all of society together with Romani people
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission
- Volkswagen apologizes for racist advertisement, claiming it was "unintentional"
- Slovakia: Two non-Romani assailants who invaded Romani home to personally deliver death threats given suspended sentences
- Czech MP who compared Muslim immigrants to "invasive species" will not be stripped of immunity from prosecution