Czech police accuse extremist of hooliganism over clash
The Czech police have accused one of the four persons detained during a clash with rightist extremists on Saturday of breach of the peace, police spokeswoman Ludmila Svetlakova told CTK today.
The man threw a cobble stone and severely injured a policeman in the face. The policeman has been released from hospital into home care, she added.
The action by rightist radicals in Litvinov and the local neighbourhood of Janov, inhabited mostly by Romanies, ended with two injured persons. The other is one of the radicals.
The action was not announced and therefore not authorised.
Some 300 young radicals and supporters of the Workers' Party, the Autonomous Nationalists and the National Resistance groupings arrived in Litvinov.
Some 150 Romanies equipped with sticks were waiting for them at Janov.
The police used a water cannon against the radicals who attacked them with glass bottles and stones.
The radicals also tried to attack several journalists.
Some 300 police took part in the event. Mounted police and several tens of riot police were preventing the clash.
The action, convoked by the Workers' Party, was to be a reaction to alleged attacks by Romanies against members of "protection corps" of the extreme rightist party who arrived in October in Janov to monitor the local situation.
- Germany: Trial begins of 12 suspected members of ultra-right terrorist group
- The disinformation pandemic: Who are the Czech "anti-maskers", and could they seize power?
- Czech Prosecutor General appeals case to Supreme Court, says antisemitic death threats are a crime, not a misdemeanor
- Czech MP protesting measures to stem COVID-19 pandemic is a trafficker in poverty with a history of anti-Romani racism
- Czech ombudsman attacks ROMEA organization for criticizing racist joke by incoming Chief Public Health Officer
- Czech MP publishes collage comparing vaccinations against COVID-19 to the Holocaust and using imagery of the gate at Auschwitz
- Czech churches condemn those wearing yellow Stars of David at anti-vaxxer events, call on them to apologize
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities: Yellow Star of David at Prague demonstration is textbook abuse and relativization of a Holocaust symbol
- Czech capital sees demonstration in support of Trump and against COVID-19 pandemic suppression measures by the same extremists who march against the Roma
- USA: Holocaust deniers, neo-Nazis, QAnon followers and racist supporters of white supremacy attacked Congress to support Trump
- USA: Extremist supporters of Trump attack Capitol building, disrupt joint session of Congress, four dead, media and world leaders call it an attack on democracy
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram