Czech Police apprehend youth who desecrated Romani genocide memorial with pig's head
Detectives in Písek have managed to solve a case from February involving somebody placing a pig's head at the memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims in the community of Lety u Písku. Detectives initially worked with a minimum of information, thoroughly investigating each clue and minor detail until they accessed more specific information for assessment.
When assessing the facts, detectives first received a rough description of the vehicle used by the suspect to drive to the memorial site. By analyzing different clues and collaborating with experts and specialists they traced the specific vehicle and the male suspect.
A detective from the criminal police service launched the prosecution of the man, born in 1991, for felony disorderly conduct yesterday. The accused youth is cooperating with detectives and has never had problems with the law before - according to him, he wanted to express his disagreement with the expenditure of state financing to buy out the pig farm located on the site of the former concentration camp.
The defendant is alleging that his action was a prank without a racist subtext. By making his protest in this way, however, he has committed actions that meet the definition of a felony and is now facing prosecution.
- Czech Constitutional Court: Complaint against decision to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site is inadmissable
- Demolition of pig farm on Romani genocide site in Czech Republic could provide jobs for long-term unemployed
- Czech state is now the official owner of the former pig farm at Lety on the Romani genocide site
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
- Austrian capital to build memorial to the homosexual victims of Nazism
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- French police brutally beat 14-year-old Romani boy during arrest, his family plan to sue
- Winning design for new memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti in the Czech Republic features enormous circle at the site of the former concentration camp
- Here is the winning design for the new memorial to Holocaust victims of Roma and Sinti origin at the former concentration camp in Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST AT 11 AM: Winning design for future memorial at former concentration camp for Roma to be unveiled in Prague
- Slovak court finally rules on brutal assault by neo-Nazis seven years ago in Nitra, they appeal
- Czech Interior Ministry and Prague City Hall stop leasing properties to publisher who released Nazi calendar, MPs plan to ban the sale of Nazi symbols
- Closed commemoration of the Roma victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku cultural heritage site
- Slovak Interior Ministry Inspectorate begins prosecution of officer who assaulted Romani children
- Patrik Banga: Police officer who beat Romani children in Slovakia must be fired, he relied on "cigoši" not complaining
- Slovak President asks for explanation of incident in which police officer brutalized young children in Romani settlement