Czech Police apprehend youth who desecrated Romani genocide memorial with pig's head
Detectives in Písek have managed to solve a case from February involving somebody placing a pig's head at the memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims in the community of Lety u Písku. Detectives initially worked with a minimum of information, thoroughly investigating each clue and minor detail until they accessed more specific information for assessment.
When assessing the facts, detectives first received a rough description of the vehicle used by the suspect to drive to the memorial site. By analyzing different clues and collaborating with experts and specialists they traced the specific vehicle and the male suspect.
A detective from the criminal police service launched the prosecution of the man, born in 1991, for felony disorderly conduct yesterday. The accused youth is cooperating with detectives and has never had problems with the law before - according to him, he wanted to express his disagreement with the expenditure of state financing to buy out the pig farm located on the site of the former concentration camp.
The defendant is alleging that his action was a prank without a racist subtext. By making his protest in this way, however, he has committed actions that meet the definition of a felony and is now facing prosecution.
- Czech Constitutional Court: Complaint against decision to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site is inadmissable
- Demolition of pig farm on Romani genocide site in Czech Republic could provide jobs for long-term unemployed
- Czech state is now the official owner of the former pig farm at Lety on the Romani genocide site
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
- Czech court finds author of death threats against human rights defenders committed a politically-motivated hate crime
- Czech archaeological samples yet to find exact location of victims' mass grave at Romani genocide site
- Holocaust memorial in Czech town will bloom with yellow crocuses in the spring
- Czech Police do not find politicians' remarks about Romani genocide site to have been criminal
- Czech police officer claims to have filmed journalists "staging" migrants drowning, his superiors see nothing wrong with that
- Czech Police receive complaints about elections, not yet clear whether vote-buying happened
- USA: Four racists arrested over last year's violence in Charlottesville
- Czech Government releases funds to demolish pig farm on Romani genocide site, archaeological survey will happen
- Italy: Romani infant hospitalized after being shot with pellet gun
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture still waiting for funds for demolition of pig farm on genocide site
- Romani NGOs around Europe ask why the OSCE is researching alleged radicalization of their communities in Serbia
- German court sentences neo-Nazi to life in prison
Tags:Holokaust Romů po Česku, Lety u Písku, memorial, Police
Czech court fines seven racists for approving of the murder of a Romani man, but one is appealing - for the publicity4.11.2018 12:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.