Czech Police apprehend youth who desecrated Romani genocide memorial with pig's head
Detectives in Písek have managed to solve a case from February involving somebody placing a pig's head at the memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims in the community of Lety u Písku. Detectives initially worked with a minimum of information, thoroughly investigating each clue and minor detail until they accessed more specific information for assessment.
When assessing the facts, detectives first received a rough description of the vehicle used by the suspect to drive to the memorial site. By analyzing different clues and collaborating with experts and specialists they traced the specific vehicle and the male suspect.
A detective from the criminal police service launched the prosecution of the man, born in 1991, for felony disorderly conduct yesterday. The accused youth is cooperating with detectives and has never had problems with the law before - according to him, he wanted to express his disagreement with the expenditure of state financing to buy out the pig farm located on the site of the former concentration camp.
The defendant is alleging that his action was a prank without a racist subtext. By making his protest in this way, however, he has committed actions that meet the definition of a felony and is now facing prosecution.
- Czech Constitutional Court: Complaint against decision to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site is inadmissable
- Demolition of pig farm on Romani genocide site in Czech Republic could provide jobs for long-term unemployed
- Czech state is now the official owner of the former pig farm at Lety on the Romani genocide site
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
- Czech Police arrest purveyors of disinformation who hatefully threatened refugees from Ukraine, court remands them into custody
- Czech politicians commemorate Roma Holocaust Memorial Day - chair of the Pirates says racism has not disappeared and we must work on securing Roma their place in society
- Demolition of the defunct industrial pig farm at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic has begun, memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti is one step closer
- Photos and video from the symbolic demolition of the industrial pig farm on the site of the former concentration camp for Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- LIVE ONLINE 22 JULY: Grand launch of the demolition of the industrial pig farm at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Demolition of industrial pig farm located on the site of former WWII-era concentration camp for Roma to begin so Czech Republic can build new memorial
- Czech Police find 65 cases of criminal approval of Russian aggression against Ukraine, charges filed in 30 cases so far
- Children's conflict in Czech town grows into argument between refugee family from Ukraine and a small group of Romani people, police and medical responders called to the scene
- Romania: 37-year-old Roma man alleges police brutality, European Court of Human Rights has found the state liable for more than 20 such violations since 2015
- Slovakia to compensate Romani victims of police brutality after nine years of judicial procedures
- Image of a Romani woman allegedly beaten up by Ukrainians is going viral, Czech police say they are investigating a reported robbery
- PHOTO GALLERY: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic 2022