Czech Police apprehend youth who desecrated Romani genocide memorial with pig's head
Detectives in Písek have managed to solve a case from February involving somebody placing a pig's head at the memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims in the community of Lety u Písku. Detectives initially worked with a minimum of information, thoroughly investigating each clue and minor detail until they accessed more specific information for assessment.
When assessing the facts, detectives first received a rough description of the vehicle used by the suspect to drive to the memorial site. By analyzing different clues and collaborating with experts and specialists they traced the specific vehicle and the male suspect.
A detective from the criminal police service launched the prosecution of the man, born in 1991, for felony disorderly conduct yesterday. The accused youth is cooperating with detectives and has never had problems with the law before - according to him, he wanted to express his disagreement with the expenditure of state financing to buy out the pig farm located on the site of the former concentration camp.
The defendant is alleging that his action was a prank without a racist subtext. By making his protest in this way, however, he has committed actions that meet the definition of a felony and is now facing prosecution.
- Czech Constitutional Court: Complaint against decision to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site is inadmissable
- Demolition of pig farm on Romani genocide site in Czech Republic could provide jobs for long-term unemployed
- Czech state is now the official owner of the former pig farm at Lety on the Romani genocide site
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
- Czech Police charge two men over video in which one threatens to stab politician
- Czech man sentenced to three months in prison, suspended for one year, for assaulting Romani boy, but racial motivation is ignored
- Romani associations distance themselves from community member who apparently expressed desire to attack Czech politician
- Mayor and police in Czech town correct the record about assault incident to make clear Romani people were not involved as first alleged
- Czech court upholds conviction for making dangerous threats after neighbor threatens to kill three Romani women and their children with an ax
- At remembrance event, chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust says Okamura is one of the Czech politicians agitating against Romani people
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT NOON: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku
- Traditional commemorative ceremony dedicated to the Romani victims of Nazism will be held on Sunday, 1 August at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Editor-in-Chief of Czech media outlet appeals direct sentencing for publishing antigypsyist content, the case will be heard in open court
- Czech Police confirm football fans were behind Friday's attack on the Romani community of Sokolov
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: Investigate police response in Sokolov - it was inadequate and undermines trust in the police
- Brazil: Fatal altercation between police and Romani family launches campaign of mass murder against local Roma