Czech Police arrest drunk giving Nazi salute and shouting "Death to Gypsies"
A drunken man giving the Nazi salute and shouting racist slogans was arrested last Saturday before noon on Vodičkova Street by the Prague 1 Municipal Police. The case is being investigated by the Police of the Czech Republic.
The man's behavior on Lazarská Street was noticed by the operator of the municipal CCTV system. "The patrol finally apprehended the man on Vodičkova Street. He behaved aggressively in front of the patrolmen, repeatedly raising his arm in the Nazi salute and shouting racist slogans," the Prague 1 Police press release states.
The man shouted the slogans "Death to Gypsies" and "Death to niggers". "Suspecting him of having committed a felony, they took him into custody and handcuffed him. He then began to threaten to physically destroy both the patrolmen and the police officers. Because the man was extremely drunk and could not control his behavior, a specialized vehicular patrol of the Prague Municipal Police was called to the scene for transporting drunks. He was finally transported to the anti-alcohol sobering-up station. Police are investigating the entire matter," the Prague 1 Police reported.
- Czech PM says his Vice PM is "leeching off of" anti-Romani sentiment and crossed the line into Nazism
- German Vice-Chancellor and Social Democratic chair gives neo-Nazis the finger
- USA: Controversy over conservative radio host's Nazi-like salute at the close of her RNC speech
- Czech Neo-Nazis say they want to "enforce the law" - even as they break it
- Emílie Žigová: Czech ethnologist's rhetoric reminiscent of the Nazi era
- USA: Neo-Nazis, racist KKK clash with opponents in California at demonstration, nine hospitalized
- Slovakia: Neo-Nazis assemble for hate demonstration, but many more counter-demonstrate against them
- Czech President calls DSSS party neo-Nazis, they say he parrots them on issue of migrants
- Controversial Romani figure appears with Czech extremists opposing measures to control the pandemic
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to woman who threatened to burn down police station in the aftermath of the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- Pope Francis receives Romani footballers, including Jaroslav Horváth and Lukáš Pulko of the Czech Republic, ahead of friendly match
- Czech MMA fighter Cverna challenges bodybuilder who insulted Romani people
- Czech MMA fighter exploits media attention of his win to insult Romani people, then claims he is "not a racist"
- Czech activist on the investigation into the death of Stanislav Tomáš: Slowly but surely, it's moving forward, and it will be a marathon
- Director of the Museum of Romani Culture schools Czech senator in debate
- German Police criticized for their members doing pushups on parts of a Holocaust memorial
- Czech Foreign Minister: Whatever is a crime offline in terms of hate speech must be considered a crime online as well
- Czech prosecutor finds livestreamed remarks made in pub about "stabbing" politician rise to the level of a misdemeanor only
- Czech lower house to change leadership, the president and one vice-president will be women, ultranationalist welfare chauvinist is out
- Czech court hands down seven suspended sentences against members of neo-Nazi group after trial that lasted 11 years