Czech Police arrest man who painted Nazi graffiti
Police have charged a 24-year-old man from the town of Litvínov (Most district) with displaying sympathy for a movement aimed at suppressing human rights and freedoms and criminal property damage. The man has admitted to spray-painting Nazi symbols on a building in the outskirts of the town of Most.
Ludmila Světláková, spokesperson for the Most Police, informed the Czech News Agency of the charges today. If convicted, he faces up to three years in prison and has been released on his own recognizance.
"He used black paint to immortalize a Nazi swastika almost a meter high with the inscription 'Sieg heil', an SS division symbol, and a symbol labeled 88," Světláková told the Czech News Agency, adding that the case had been investigated by detectives specializing in extremism. The suspect was tracked down by the next day.
"The young man has admitted that at the end of June, during the night, he painted the wall while en route to his residence and was well aware of the meaning of those symbols," Světláková said. The owner estimated the damage done to the facade at CZK 4 000.
- Czech court hears defamation case against man who insulted a member of the Govt's Roma Council in the media
- Czech MP publishes collage comparing vaccinations against COVID-19 to the Holocaust and using imagery of the gate at Auschwitz
- Czech churches condemn those wearing yellow Stars of David at anti-vaxxer events, call on them to apologize
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities: Yellow Star of David at Prague demonstration is textbook abuse and relativization of a Holocaust symbol
- Czech capital sees demonstration in support of Trump and against COVID-19 pandemic suppression measures by the same extremists who march against the Roma
- USA: Holocaust deniers, neo-Nazis, QAnon followers and racist supporters of white supremacy attacked Congress to support Trump
- USA: Extremist supporters of Trump attack Capitol building, disrupt joint session of Congress, four dead, media and world leaders call it an attack on democracy
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- German court sentences terrorist who attacked Halle synagogue last year to life in prison
- Czech ultra-right oppose vaccinations against COVID-19 with antisemitic caricature
- In the V-4, COVID-19 pandemic exploited for ultra-right hoaxes, calls for authoritarianism
- Czech town's project to install "container housing" on mostly-Romani housing estate published online by opposition local assembly member