Czech Police arrest three foreigners in Žatec for promoting neo-Nazism
Tomáš Krupička, spokesperson for the Louny Municipal Police, has reported that Czech Police officers arrested three foreigners on the suspicion of promoting fascism during the early morning hours of 1 October. The suspects had met up at a private concert held by right-wing extremists in the Lidový dům ("People's House") in the town of Žatec. Police estimate around 100 people attended the event. More than 80 police officers intervened on the scene, including special riot units from Ústí nad Labem.
"While monitoring those attending the concert police arrested one citizen of a foreign state who was visibly displaying an objectionable symbol on his belt," said Krupička. Police officers later arrested another man for giving the Nazi salute.
Police spent a long time just monitoring the concert, which featured foreign bands linked to neo-Nazis. Krupička said they decided to intervene at 23:15. Riot police entered the venue and started searching it. "Objectionable material was confiscated at the scene and a third foreigner was arrested during the raid," Krupička said.
Krupička said no injuries occurred during the intervention. The organizers of the concert stopped it at midnight.
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion accuses paper of anti-Romani campaign
- Help Romea.cz win support from Vodafone
- Czech Republic and "gypsies" - 1938 vs. 2012
- Czech Republic: Equal Opportunities Party to protest local-level anti-Romani moves
- Czech mayor: Romani people face lynching unless rape suspect taken into custody
- Czech municipality gets tough on Ostrava ghetto residents again
- Czech Republic: Proud Romani students in IT, medicine, and natural sciences
- Prosecutor: Czechs started last year's brawl with Romani people in Rumburk
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Czech Republic: 70 ultra-rightists march on Romani neighborhood
- Czech Republic: Project commemorates postwar Romani labor
- European experts compare experiences working in socially excluded localities