Czech Police charge bodybuilder with threatening Roma, he faces three years if convicted
Filip Grznár (age 32) of Plzeň has been charged by detectives in Chomutov, Czech Republic with committing violence against a group and its individual members and approving of a crime. "Using the publicly available computer network, he disseminated a video recording in which he himself appears and approves of the commission of the serious crime of a recent murder at a housing estate in Chomutov," said the press spokesperson for the Ústecký Regional Police Directorate, Lieutenant Colonel Marie Pivková.
"Furthermore, he threatened to kill a group of residents at that housing estate," she said. He has been served the charges and faces between six months to three years in prison if convicted.
After Grznár reached agreement with the state prosecutor, no reason was found to remand him into custody. The investigation of the case continues.
In the video, posted at the beginning of the month to his Instagram profile, the bodybuilder makes aggressive, vulgar statements about the death of a young Romani man from Chomutov, arguing in favor of the man who shot him dead, and threatens other Roma in Chomutov with murder. The video was viewed more than 50 000 times during just three days and continues to be disseminated on YouTube and other social networking sites through various other profiles.
- Czech Police investigating video in which non-Romani bodybuilder threatens Roma in Chomutov with murder
- Marian Dancso: Czech justice through the eyes of Filip Grznár, who threatens Roma with murder
- Partner of murdered Romani man condemns Czech media for calling him a "terrorist"
- Commentary on shooting of Romani man in Chomutov: How many more murder victims before the state learns how to respond?
- Czech court to hear appeal in case of brutal assault by non-Romani adults on Romani children in Lipník nad Bečvou
- The confirmation that Slavia Prague hooligans with violent pasts were among those attacking Roma in the Czech town of Sokolov? Selfies.
- Football hooligans and neo-Nazis blame all Roma for violent crime and march through Czech town, riot police deployed
- Czech bodybuilder's fine upheld for approving of Romani man's murder, he says he will appeal again
- Czech hospital refuses to examine young Romani man - by the time doctors agreed to see him, he died
- Czech Police assess incident where man pointed a gun at a seven-year-old Romani boy as a misdemeanor
- Czech NGOs say lawmakers want to cut welfare despite impending social crisis
- Czech Police investigate allegations of vote-buying in northern Bohemia
- Analysis: European populists lose their charm to scandals, trials and unpaid debts
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission
- French police brutally beat 14-year-old Romani boy during arrest, his family plan to sue
- Czech Government Commissioner for Human Rights files report of crime over media coverage of her past