Czech Police charge bodybuilder with threatening Roma, he faces three years if convicted
Filip Grznár (age 32) of Plzeň has been charged by detectives in Chomutov, Czech Republic with committing violence against a group and its individual members and approving of a crime. "Using the publicly available computer network, he disseminated a video recording in which he himself appears and approves of the commission of the serious crime of a recent murder at a housing estate in Chomutov," said the press spokesperson for the Ústecký Regional Police Directorate, Lieutenant Colonel Marie Pivková.
"Furthermore, he threatened to kill a group of residents at that housing estate," she said. He has been served the charges and faces between six months to three years in prison if convicted.
After Grznár reached agreement with the state prosecutor, no reason was found to remand him into custody. The investigation of the case continues.
In the video, posted at the beginning of the month to his Instagram profile, the bodybuilder makes aggressive, vulgar statements about the death of a young Romani man from Chomutov, arguing in favor of the man who shot him dead, and threatens other Roma in Chomutov with murder. The video was viewed more than 50 000 times during just three days and continues to be disseminated on YouTube and other social networking sites through various other profiles.
- Czech Police investigating video in which non-Romani bodybuilder threatens Roma in Chomutov with murder
- Marian Dancso: Czech justice through the eyes of Filip Grznár, who threatens Roma with murder
- Partner of murdered Romani man condemns Czech media for calling him a "terrorist"
- Commentary on shooting of Romani man in Chomutov: How many more murder victims before the state learns how to respond?
- Bulgarian media showed edited footage of interethnic altercation in shop - full footage shows a different story
- Czech Police charge senior citizen, a fanatical supporter of xenophobic politician, with terrorism
- Czech Supreme Court to review verdict in shooting murder of Romani man in Chomutov
- Czech court fines seven racists for approving of the murder of a Romani man, but one is appealing - for the publicity
- Local Romani assembly member in Czech town seeks re-election, recommends running to others
- Czech appeals court reduces sentence for murder of Romani man to seven years, prosecutor calls it disproportionate, inhumane and unjust
- Czech media, police accuse Romani family of inciting brawl with non-Roma at children's pool, Romea.cz first to report the Romani mother's testimony
- Independent Romani candidate collecting signatures to run for Czech Senate
- Belgium: Roma Travellers to be evicted in EU capital, fire reported at their halting site
- British and Czech Police cooperate to arrest suspected human traffickers
- Germany: Crime rates lowest for 25 years, apocalyptic visions of immigrant crime seem to have been exaggerated
- Czech Police indict bodybuilder who praised shooting of Romani man and made his own death threats