Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat
Czech Police have charged a man who was filmed urging his young daughter to use a baseball bat to hit a pillow while imagining it was a "Muslim or a Gypsy". The video was first reported on by news server Romea.cz after a Facebook user nicknamed Olloph Samorost posted it to his profile at the beginning of August.
The man has been charged with two separate felonies and faces up to thee years in prison if convicted. "He is suspected of committing felony incitement of hatred against a group or restriction of their rights and freedoms, and he is suspected of endangering the upbringing of a child. He faces up to three years in prison if convicted," police spokesperson Eva Stulíková told news server iDNES.cz.
According to her, detectives in the town of Benešov have checked all of the evidence and information and have initiated criminal prosecution of the 27-year-old suspect. He has not been remanded into custody.
The video includes a recording of the man's dialogue with his daughter. Below is a translated excerpt from the filmed interaction:
Man: "What are you going to do?"
Girl: "I'm going to beat the pillow."
Man: "You're going to beat the pillow? Will you imagine it's a Gypsy or a Muslim?"
Man: "Give it to him good!... Wait, just break a few bones, don't kill him. ... What are Gypsies?"
Girl: "They're fuckers."
The commercial TV Prima television station reported that the author of the video is a Lukáš K. of Benešov who runs an e-shop selling equipment for marijuana cultivation who is also a member of the hard core ultra fans of the Sparta football club. Prima cited sources saying he has clashed with the law before on drug-related offenses.
- Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"
- Czech Police investigating video of father encouraging his daughter to imagine she is beating "Gypsies"
- Czech video goes viral of man telling girl to beat pillow with baseball bat and imagine it's a "Gypsy or a Muslim"
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear
- Ukraine: Racists attack Romani family of four, setting fire to their home and threatening a pregnant woman with rape
- Patrik Banga: Police officer who beat Romani children in Slovakia must be fired, he relied on "cigoši" not complaining
- Slovak President asks for explanation of incident in which police officer brutalized young children in Romani settlement
- Romanian chief of local police filmed beating handcuffed Romani men as they lie on the ground
- Slovak police officer said to have beaten five Romani children in Krompachy settlement and threatened to shoot them
- Romani woman with Harvard PhD calls Czech racist landlord over his antigypsyist advertisement
- Two men in Czech Republic indicted for approving of neo-Nazi terrorism in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Slovak PM harshly attacks critics of Govt approach to COVID-19 in Romani settlements, says measures are life-saving
- North Macedonia: Investigation of death of pregnant Romani woman denied care for days despite being in labor
- Slovak police harshly intervene against Romani people in Bardějov, make three arrests