Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat
Czech Police have charged a man who was filmed urging his young daughter to use a baseball bat to hit a pillow while imagining it was a "Muslim or a Gypsy". The video was first reported on by news server Romea.cz after a Facebook user nicknamed Olloph Samorost posted it to his profile at the beginning of August.
The man has been charged with two separate felonies and faces up to thee years in prison if convicted. "He is suspected of committing felony incitement of hatred against a group or restriction of their rights and freedoms, and he is suspected of endangering the upbringing of a child. He faces up to three years in prison if convicted," police spokesperson Eva Stulíková told news server iDNES.cz.
According to her, detectives in the town of Benešov have checked all of the evidence and information and have initiated criminal prosecution of the 27-year-old suspect. He has not been remanded into custody.
The video includes a recording of the man's dialogue with his daughter. Below is a translated excerpt from the filmed interaction:
Man: "What are you going to do?"
Girl: "I'm going to beat the pillow."
Man: "You're going to beat the pillow? Will you imagine it's a Gypsy or a Muslim?"
Man: "Give it to him good!... Wait, just break a few bones, don't kill him. ... What are Gypsies?"
Girl: "They're fuckers."
The commercial TV Prima television station reported that the author of the video is a Lukáš K. of Benešov who runs an e-shop selling equipment for marijuana cultivation who is also a member of the hard core ultra fans of the Sparta football club. Prima cited sources saying he has clashed with the law before on drug-related offenses.
- Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"
- Czech Police investigating video of father encouraging his daughter to imagine she is beating "Gypsies"
- Czech video goes viral of man telling girl to beat pillow with baseball bat and imagine it's a "Gypsy or a Muslim"
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
- Czech Bar Association reprimands attorney for approving of "joke" calling for the gassing of non-white first-graders, he appeals
- Czech man sentenced to three months in prison, suspended for one year, for assaulting Romani boy, but racial motivation is ignored
- Jaroslav Miko: Romani voters must cast their ballots for a democratic coalition, otherwise anti-Romani extremists may get into government
- Albanian comedy shows feature blackface, prejudice and stereotypes about Romani people
- Romani associations distance themselves from community member who apparently expressed desire to attack Czech politician
- Mayor and police in Czech town correct the record about assault incident to make clear Romani people were not involved as first alleged
- Three innovations introduced to prevent hatred and racism on Instagram after UEFA's EURO 2020 championship sees spike in racist speech
- Slovak President and Plenipotentiary for Roma object to wave of hate and racism following announcement of Pope's visit to Romani neighborhood
- Czech Pirates sharply criticize bill to toughen welfare eligibility, delaying a vote
- Czech football club Sparta has identified the fans who shouted racist insults at Monaco player, filed a crime report against them and banned them from stadiums
- Woman says intercity bus driver in northern Czech town racially abused her and called for the death of all Roma before physically throwing her onto a road
- "Kamara - just a n****r" - Czech Police looking for football fans who published racist banner