Czech police find assault weapons in the home of an anti-Roma Facebook page author
Yet another Czech-language anti-Roma Facebook page has been set up recently, this time entitled “Prerov against Gypsies!” However, unlike the authors of previous racist Facebook pages, the author of this particular page will not get away with it so easily. News server Tn.cz reports police have detained the 19-year-old male.
Detectives found an air rifle with a targeting system and a submachine gun in the author’s home. Reports suggest the Facebook group had been previously shut down and then reopened without the original photographs, which promoted Nazi armed units with swastika flags.
Just before it was shut down, the social networking site had 248 members. After it reopened today, membership rose to 264. According to data posted on Facebook, the founder of the group is Karel Trojak of Olomouc, who endorses the Workers’ Party in his profile. Members of the group were not very active on the page, but police started investigating the problem at the suggestion of a TV Nova reporter.
Whoever founded the Facebook page is evidently uncivilized and uneducated, as are the other contributors who were glad to find yet another site against Roma. The page is headed by the slogan “YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN OUR COUNTRY”. Czech chauvinists (extreme nationalists), fascists, neo-Nazis and other racists deliver similar messages to the Roma very often.
- Assistant to Czech MP fined for calling for migrants to be shot, he may appeal
- Regional candidate for newest Czech party featured in music video by infamous establisher of neo-Nazi movement
- COMMENTARY: Even if the Czech Public Defender of Rights repeats the same lie about Roma a thousand times, that won't make it true
- Czech Television reports that elected politicians' names have been removed from official report on extremism for 2019
- Czech bus driver refuses to drive city bus with bigoted campaign ad, mayor negotiates its removal
- Analysis: European populists lose their charm to scandals, trials and unpaid debts
- Czech Police charge author of antigypsyist article about arson for that and other offenses
- Czech NGO ROMEA and vice-chair of Pirates file criminal report over online racist commentaries about arson in Bohumín
- Czech mayor claims all those number 8's in her event have noooothing to do with neo-Nazis
- Germany reorganizes special military unit because some of its personnel are members of the ultra-right
- Russia claims to be "concerned" about the very neo-Nazis they support in the Czech Republic
- Czech Internet users fall for ultra-right disinformation parody - and instead of laughing, they lash out